wire amp and sub to stock radio

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm. if i put a 2nd amp like 200watt and 200 watt rear speakers do i wire the amp to the one i just put in or wire it just like the first one ?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how thick of wire did u get and what brand is it? you can also just swap the speakers alone to get louder

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it was 8g wire . isnt as think as i have seen it came with the sub/amp kit .the amp is only 2 ch. 800watt and the subs are 800-1000watt they say . i was thinking of getting new rear speakers but if they are to many watts cant that blow the radio ?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope... also the 200w or whatever is peak power not rms so

you should be able to put 2 amps on that run of wire BUT if you bought a kit and have extra wire laying around it wouldn't hurt to run a separate run

Jawsgod

Reaction score
I am new to the cobalt and I took the sub and amp out of my old car and want to install it into this.. I have the sedan and I want to hook up the remote wire somehwere in the trunk so I don't have to try and run it through the car... can someone please let me know what wire i can tap into?

Thanks.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I gave up and ran it to the fuse box.. I don't have a sunroof so i was able to push the wire into that fuse. Works great.

here's mine:
2012-05-SubStraight.jpg

2012-05-SubRight02.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone. :)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie