wiring after market stereo

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought the $100 one from a local audio shop and i had trouble installin it but i also dont really know much about the newer car installments b/c my old 99 maxima was so easy to install it bc it was just 2 plugs to connect and you're good but this chimes and stuff expensive and annoying IMO

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i bought the $100 one from a local audio shop and i had trouble installin it but i also dont really know much about the newer car installments b/c my old 99 maxima was so easy to install it bc it was just 2 plugs to connect and you're good but this chimes and stuff expensive and annoying IMO

Your chimes are not affected since you have an 06. Check here for more info UPDATED General Stereo FAQ - READ THIS! - Cobalt SS Network

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i see that i dont need the $100 chime thing now thanks but how do i go about installing the head unit b/c i hooked up all the wires-remote(blue/white), yellow, and ground..do i need to run the red one down to the wiper fuse to get it to work b/c i get my head unit to turn on but it doesnt play sound through the speakers. please help?

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prolly an 05-06 because they started running the chimes through the radio starting in 07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais