Wtf?!!!

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be intake manifold gasket, mounts won't change anything. Also look for loose charge piping or a cracked intercooler, might be easier to use a charge pipe pressure tester. If your getting a shit ton of knock stay out of boost lol

ive been stayin out. but it only happens in the higher RPM when im around 10psi

mounts can cause false knock.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

funny thing is we have the exact opposite issue. my car went super lean from wut it was at previously.

i had it at 11.4-11.5 at wot and it was at 11.9-12.1

being that my car isnt built i dont want it like that at all.

im takin my solid trans mounts out tomorrow to see if that will fix the issue

Check your Turbo Bolts... where your turbo bolts to the manifold. I had this problem once before... my turbo bolts were backing out. Exhaust leak somewhere.

It wouldn't be from the Intake Manifold, as someone said above. Its something Pre-MAF.

i checked those a little bit ago, some of the manifold to head nuts were loose so i got them tight and some of the turbo to manifold nuts had back off. im not sure how much it should be boosting now but i will test it tomorrow when i go to work

what do you mean by knock? timing knock retard or engine knock? 10:1 is not necessarily a bad afr but i see what you're saying. sounds like you got a leak somewhere. with these boosted cars, the maf will read differently even if its before or after the sensor. works a little like how backpressure will increase manifold pressure.

vince said my knock sensor is pickin up a ton of vibes and that is what is pulling my timing. and he said my MAF was pickin up variation in the air flow. he said i might wanna check my wastegate or BOV. i checked the wastegate again for like the 3rd time and made sure it was tight, and i triple checked my BOV as well. but the weird thing is my BOV is sucking in air at idle. i know its a knock off turbo xs type h-rfl but i asked my friend who has a authentic turbo xs type h-rfl and he said his is doin the same thing but vince and my friend from work said its not supposed to be doin that. so im going to call turbo xs tomorrow and ask them about that. where can i find a pressure tester to pressurize my charge pipes and see if i have a leak? and lately ive been gettin a CEL for my o2 sensor, it says something like heated o2 sensor bank 2 system rich. next time it comes on ill write down the code...but could that also be a cause of my problem or a faulty MAF sensor? its seen oil before but it was workin fine

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
link doesnt work. this may seem like a dumb ass question but would the lack of boost really cause it to run rich?

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

ignore that, i just found out that it can cause rich or lean conditions, but even when i ran it at low boost it never went this rich

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it definitely sounds like you ahve a leak someplace.. could be something as simple as one of your couplers isn't tightened down enough.. i had a similar issue turned out the coupler going into my tb split lol

since you're maf is reading weird.. it's 1. a fucked maf, 2. leak right around the maf, 3. you have a bend less then 6" before the maf and you have a leak

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i had that issue with the bend bein around the MAF i was told to make sure theres no bend 4" before and after the maf, i know before theres like a 2 foot pipe or so. after, theres about 4 inches until the bend

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced my solid tranny mounts with the stockers and still running rich. i dont know what else to do. it was still sputtering when i went WOT

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked those a little bit ago, some of the manifold to head nuts were loose so i got them tight and some of the turbo to manifold nuts had back off. im not sure how much it should be boosting now but i will test it tomorrow when i go to work

vince said my knock sensor is pickin up a ton of vibes and that is what is pulling my timing. and he said my MAF was pickin up variation in the air flow. he said i might wanna check my wastegate or BOV. i checked the wastegate again for like the 3rd time and made sure it was tight, and i triple checked my BOV as well. but the weird thing is my BOV is sucking in air at idle. i know its a knock off turbo xs type h-rfl but i asked my friend who has a authentic turbo xs type h-rfl and he said his is doin the same thing but vince and my friend from work said its not supposed to be doin that. so im going to call turbo xs tomorrow and ask them about that. where can i find a pressure tester to pressurize my charge pipes and see if i have a leak? and lately ive been gettin a CEL for my o2 sensor, it says something like heated o2 sensor bank 2 system rich. next time it comes on ill write down the code...but could that also be a cause of my problem or a faulty MAF sensor? its seen oil before but it was workin fine

My BOV has air blowing out of it at an Idle, iirc. I'm on a Tial.

i replaced my solid tranny mounts with the stockers and still running rich. i dont know what else to do. it was still sputtering when i went WOT

Sounds exactly like how my car was running when my turbo bolts backed out.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sent vince a log and he said the first run i was pushing 32 lb/min and the 2nd was 19.5 lb/min. he said 32 is more then a lnf at 23 psi but my gauge was only showing about 11 psi or so. so i dont know. i called about my BOV and its supposed to have air being sucked in cause its a piston valve BOV. but the turbo-manifold bolts are tight, i checked the, yet again while i was under the car swapping the mounts. also vince said my knock sensor was pegging out and pulling a ton of timing...what the **** is causing this shit. i dont want to have to tear down my engine, i would rather wrap this POS around a tree before i do that

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

im seriously starting to think my MAF took a shit on me

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the possible problem. i got a reman'd MAF, and brand new knock sensor. fix my coolant line so theres no more bends in my coolant lines so hopefully no more 230 degree coolant temps, also added water wetter so hopefully it works. but anywayz, my friend who has years of experience in the high performance industry was helpin me with the car and he sprayed starting fluid around my couplers and no leak, he sprayed around my intake manifold, no leak, he got to the fuel injectors and instead of the car picking up, it started killing the cylinder...so he said most likely i have a injector sticking open. so im going to find a company who can fix them. anyone know a place?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noland1953