sway bars

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, you would have been better off replacing the endlinks with something stronger than stock. Why you would think it handles better without the bar is beyond me...

And don't bring up the Time Attack car, i know it didn't have a front sway. But i understand why.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
im leaving mine alone for the time being, my handling is fine right now for what i need it for...that may change later but taking it a day at a time

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ss/tc front sway, ttr rear sway (although i may want something bigger), h&r sport springs....and im in business :D
although it still understeers a bit and i want to change that...i would rather be allowed to correct for over steer then be washed out and have no recourse for understeer

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ss/tc front sway, ttr rear sway (although i may want something bigger), h&r sport springs....and im in business :D
although it still understeers a bit and i want to change that...i would rather be allowed to correct for over steer then be washed out and have no recourse for understeer

OTTP Hardcore bar is your next stop then my friend, that or a smaller front bar :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
OTTP Hardcore bar is your next stop then my friend, that or a smaller front bar :rofl::rofl::rofl:
prob going to go hardcore...would be PERFECT handling lol

damn nittos are working HARD keeping up with the understeer...need to give them a lil break...they are spendy :lol:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Psh, their cheap for the performance they give. I'm looking at going with an OTTP Hardcore as well.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OTTP is te way to go. The street bar would actually result in a fairly neutral handling car, which is what you want. I doubt any of us here are delusional that they can drive like mario andretti, and honestly understeer is easier for an unskilled driver to recover from.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OTTP is te way to go. The street bar would actually result in a fairly neutral handling car, which is what you want. I doubt any of us here are delusional that they can drive like mario andretti, and honestly understeer is easier for an unskilled driver to recover from.
I plowed my moms minivan into a curb thanks to understeer lol long time ago.

I'm not claiming that I'm an amazing driver or anything like that. I've hit both over and understeer in my cars (06 lt with koni inserts and sportline springs, 09 ss stock) I much prefer oversteer to under.

The whole reason for manufactures making cars have understeer than over is because in general cars preform better in frontal collisions.

They also are less likely to roll longitudinally(tail over nose) than laterally(left over right or visa versa) in the event the tires impact something which may make the car want to flip/roll.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also heres a random and interesting site I found while doing a little research just now
http://www.drivingfast.net/index.htm

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the eibach front and rear bars...and with megan racing lowering prototype springs....my car has not understeered at all...if anything...it handles so well now...my car is on fucking rails...i love it

i even took my buddy for a drive the other day...and he loved that there was almost no body roll compared to before

KLRtuner

Reaction score
thats wat i mainly what I want to get rid of is the body roll. I believe eibach springs drop the back lower, to help distribute the weight better.

any other input before i buy?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup