'06 Cobalt stereo answers needed

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheres the installed pics?

I'm not sure about the OP, but I'm working so many hours at work I'm thinking about setting up a pop-up camper in the parking lot and selling my car lol no time for an install yet!

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st Gen, powering a pair of Alpine type s 12s (500rms each)

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I want to grab some re sex 12s eventually

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got around to doing some layout and planing and determined that my amps are to big or my trunk is to small lol decided that an amp rack was in my future. My first attempt at building one of these.

5ymeqe2y.jpg

4y4unyde.jpg

So far that's all I have done, I plan on a small wedge for the front to keep it from falling forward, some L brackets to reinforce the rear legs and of course some carpet to cover it all up and look pretty.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice... i would put the kicker on the left though that way you don't run into any issues with the power wire fitting or falling out ect. Plus it would be in alphabetical order that way too:cool:

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slight change in plans, original rack was not going to work, too wide and not enough room for connections etc... Decided to mount the JL on top on my sub box and redesign the rack for the Kicker and distribution block. Carpet and wiring coming soon!

7eny8a4u.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais