Air box Mod

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Intmd83r, Sep 21, 2010.

1. RedDead

RedDead Full Access Member

Haha this is funny:rofl:

2. Spacey_stacey75

Spacey_stacey75 Full Access Member

Well this is what we did.......spectra pieces (4 I think) and k&n filter made a huge difference.
    I painted the filter box yellow too, but i can't find a pic of it now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  3. Hailcesar75

Hailcesar75 Full Access Member

That came out pretty good. But it looks like the pipe right before the airbox is going to rub with the valve cover. It happened with mine before I got the gmpp intake.

4. Spacey_stacey75

Spacey_stacey75 Full Access Member

Nope we have good clearence. the 90 degree angle is tall enough to keep it from happening. But FYI, my bf told me he had to cut one of the straight pieces down to fit right.

5. My08

My08 Full Access Member

I like it! Looks good under that hood!

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I asked you to please cite just *one* example of major damage caused by running without an air filter for one day, too hard? - fail. Your inability to back up a simple assertion is exceeded only by your penchant for rambling diatribes on the obvious. Yes we all know the long term consequences of not using an air filter over time, where has anyone advocated that? I am here simply to learn and share ideas but I also realize every forum has it’s “know it alls”. All you have proven to me is that you are no exception. At this point it’s intuitively obvious to all that you are indeed much smarter than I, so I guess I’m done with this issue. Please feel free to have the last word because I know it’s a lot more important to you LOL. Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  6. Intmd83r

Intmd83r Full Access Member

YOU ALL FUCKED UP MY POST !!!!!!!!!!! lol . just let my 08 kill his car and when he is bitching in 4 months we can all get a " I TOLD YOU SO DIPSHIT"

7. Tuner923

Tuner923 Full Access Member

Tuner923 likes this [​IMG]

8. My08

My08 Full Access Member

Hey sorry we hijacked your thread man. If my car blows up because of what I did you guys can call me whatever you want because i'll deserve it for sure.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Agree to disagree? Its just petty bs thats not worth either of our time. You were just trying to help me, not attack me and I see that now. I'm always eager to start trouble! Dont take it personal :cheers:

9. Hailcesar75

Hailcesar75 Full Access Member

Hey newb........... Didn't you know, tuner923 is a f*cking know it all! Let's squash this guys.

10. Jaws4God

Jaws4God Full Access Member

Does anyone have any pictures of the stock airbox mod? I am thinking about it.. I dont' think I want to spend the money to but a new pipe.. but it would be nice to get a little better airflow and make it a little louder.

Thank you.