Ask a question.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which way is up on pedders? Does it matter if they are upside down?

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I installed them correctly, I followed Will's How to @ ccs.

Interesting. Oh well. Mine work flawlessly. The clunking sound is gone... that was my main concern when installing them.

Yes. The Top of the rear springs is slightly smaller than the bottom. The last coil... and the overall width. It'll be slightly BeeHive/Egg shaped. There is also a front & back of the Rear Springs. When you set the bottom on the floor... it'll lean a certain way. The way it leans toward... is the front (AKA, the direction it leans, should face the front of the car).

And yes... if you have them upside down... the rear suspension geometry will be thrown off. They usually won't seat all the way either.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. The Top of the rear springs is slightly smaller than the bottom. The last coil... and the overall width. It'll be slightly BeeHive/Egg shaped. There is also a front & back of the Rear Springs. When you set the bottom on the floor... it'll lean a certain way. The way it leans toward... is the front (AKA, the direction it leans, should face the front of the car).

And yes... if you have them upside down... the rear suspension geometry will be thrown off. They usually won't seat all the way either.

Always bothers me because I couldn't tell when I installed them, I know they are leaning forward but not so sure about the upside down part.

Also: Why is common sense so uncommon?

arman14

DiegoO
Reaction score
Interesting. Oh well. Mine work flawlessly. The clunking sound is gone... that was my main concern when installing them.

I always had clunking issues, even when stock suspension.
You on pedders?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

It does matter, I had one of the rear springs installed upside down and I noticed that it was sitting a little higher than the other side.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always bothers me because I couldn't tell when I installed them, I know they are leaning forward but not so sure about the upside down part.

Yeah... I couldn't tell at first either.

I always had clunking issues, even when stock suspension.
You on pedders?

It does matter, I had one of the rear springs installed upside down and I noticed that it was sitting a little higher than the other side.

Interesting.

Yes. 08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, Pedders, and Powergrids.

And I went through the same problem with my first install of the Pedders. Had both rears upside down. They wouldn't seat all the way... and the rear was a good bit higher. Took them out... looked at them again... and then it was like turning on a light. I saw the slight beehive shape and the rest is history.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I couldn't tell at first either.

Interesting.

Yes. 08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, Pedders, and Powergrids.

And I went through the same problem with my first install of the Pedders. Had both rears upside down. They wouldn't seat all the way... and the rear was a good bit higher. Took them out... looked at them again... and then it was like turning on a light. I saw the slight beehive shape and the rest is history.

I'm not sure I could get mine off the bumpstops if I wanted to flip them over, those suckers were wound a bit too tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson