Cobalt lt pioneer stereo, i want to add a new head until...help

fullmetaljacket

Reaction score
im gonna hop into this convo right now. I am doing the same thing right now, I plugged mine in and got no sound. I'm generally new to install a aftermarket h/u into a newer car (there so damn complicated)

So basically, i plug it in, i get power but no sound. What i did with my acc wire was splice it into my yellow constant power supply, so the red and yellow are together in the harness connecting to my power supply, is this bad?

also i've tried repinning the harness to match description i got for the speaker wires but i got nothing, can someone give me a proper diagram for what color and postive negative's correspong to my speakers? I have a 06 cobalt ss and im using a $20 harness and yes it's the blue clip

also do i connect that pink wire to my remote output blue wire on my h/u?

Last edited:

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason you have no sound is that you have the pioneer sound system more than likely, the factory amp runs off a data signal to turn it on. The speaker colour codes are;
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Supercharged with Pioneer Audio Car Radio Stereo Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: The radio harness does not provide a switched power source. Run a wire to the fusebox for switched power. The accessory turn-on and amplifier turn-on are controlled by the class 2 serial network.
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/White
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Yellow
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Pink
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Factory amplifier is located behind the driver side of the dash (near the firewall).
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green/White
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Green
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Tan

Wiring the red wire to the yellow one will keep the deck on all the time draining the battery so yes its a bad idea. You would be much better off getting a fusetap like the bussman bp/hhh mini fuse tap then using a test light open the factory fuse panel and find a fuse that only has power with the key on and put the fusetap into that slot to give you keyed power. Either way though to use the cheap harness you are going to have to ditch the amp and bypass it. Scosche sells the gm13sr that will get the job done, pac is C2R-GM11b which will retain the amp and you will be good to go.

Last edited:

fullmetaljacket

Reaction score
lol while waiting for a response i actually figured out why i wasn't getting sound, it was because i hadn't plugged in the remote line. only problem, my sub doesnt go. All the speakers work and sound beautiful but i just dont have the sub going. what can i do to fix this? That gm11b, best buy wants $239, visions wants 120. I just dont think its viable if i can get my sub to work on my own, i just need to figure out how to get the sub to work.

Last edited:

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the rear 6X9s are working then the sub should be working. If its not then either you have a high pass on the deck or theres a problem with the sub itself or the sub connector in the back

fullmetaljacket

Reaction score
Lol sorry a high what? The deck I bought is a jvc kw-xr610

My 6x9s work in the bac

**update**
I found out the sub works but you gotta really crank the volume, can I adjust that?

Last edited:

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id guess that its blown but id check the connector on top of the sub box and see if its still connected. If you want to get technical then check for AC voltage when the stereo is on and "loud" or check for impedance (ohms) on the stock sub... its a dual 2ohm sub

fullmetaljacket

Reaction score
It worked just fine before I installed the new deck, could it really have blown from that. It almost feels like it's not getting te same power it got when I had the stock h/u in there. Thanks for the quick responses too btw.

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you adjusted the equalizer on the new deck yet? If not try turning up the bass setting on it see if that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie