Cobalt lt pioneer stereo, i want to add a new head until...help

fullmetaljacket

Reaction score
Yea i tried adjusting the pro EQ and customizing it, still the sub doesn't want to pound unless i crank the volume way up, even then, it's not very loud and the speakers get distorted.

What i'm probably going to do is buy a sub amp and wiring it through that. That way i can filter the bass to my sub, any tips on the best way to connect it?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i doubt the sub is ever going to "pound" regardless but it shouldn't be worse then stock. i would double check to see if its even playing and if both coils work.

if you buy an amp get a 2 channel and hook the coils up in series

fullmetaljacket

Reaction score
Lol Well you know what I mean but yea that's basically what I'm going to do, besides I'm planning on throwing in a 10" low pro sub into the box with a little mod and I also have another sub enclosure from another ss that I'm going to bolt into the right side for the other 10".

Again thanks for the input I'm just happy to have the stereo
Installed and properly working now

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol no problem... you know that the right side is different from the left thou right? If you make it work i bet peeps would want a how too but idk

fullmetaljacket

Reaction score
Yea, what I was gonna try was heating up the enclosure and try moulding it to conform to the right side. Hopefully still have room to fit the sub in. So I will try it out and it it works I'll write a how to on it. If not then I'll probably get fiberglass case.

Last edited:

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the amp is small enough you can mount it to the bottom of the rear deck then hide the wiring behind the panelling and carpet if it does not fit in the sub compartment area, it will give a clean look as at first glance you will not even see the amp or wiring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson