cold start with cam stg2 -5C

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thick oil will cause timing chain rattle (hydraulic actuator) and eeverything from the oil pump to the rings are having trouble when it's that cold out. I would invest in a block warmer. my guess is it's those cams man. any engine with a lumpy cam with have trouble in the winter

your injector size is fine, trust me lol

the cam...well its going to cause it to do weird things :lol:

Im not driving much cause the valve guide seal issue, but i took it out today and DAMN did it love the cold air

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

basically it has to do with your oil being cold and thick, colder air being adjusted for, alot of things

i wont say its 100% not your fuel injectors, BUT when i installed mine and cams and alll the bolt ons, vince tuned and said i wouldnt have "needed" them
here what i was not able to express in english.

a better tune or a poor tune can t give a shit with these condition

Last edited:

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will not need a different tune either for winter and summer

thanks for clarifying that. i wasn't sure i know that with carbs you had to adjust the carb for the differen't air density if you planned on driving it in the winter time and figured with a cammed car you would have to do the same due to the differen't lobing.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
mine starts and runs...but you have to "tend to it" :lol:

when its below freezing out you have to have a FULLLLL battery charge haha, ive had mine on the trickle charger when not driving it so far this winter cause the cold kills it fast when it just doesnt jump to start lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson