Craziest thing..

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The craziest thing happened today. So little back ground. I installed some subs monday night, all that night the system worked perfectly. tuesday the system worked perfectly. this morning when i drove to work the system worked perfectly. I was getting ready to leave work to go get breakfast and I started my car... a couple warnings flashed on the DIC and the dinger went ballistic. all that i remember that came on: service airbag, esc off, service traction, ice possble, headlights off. so i figured maybe it was a bad start or something stupid like that. I turned off the the ignition and removed the key... engine remained running for about 10-15 secounds... WTF! i did this about 10 times same result then i shut it off and unplugged the remote wire of my amp which is ran to the fuse for the windshield wipers. I started it with the amp off and it stopped the only thing that came on was the lock light so then i shut it off, it didn't remain running like it had been and I restarted. after i restarted it was fine. After few hours and a few short trips here and there I replaced the remote wire for the amp and have been jamming to some tunes all day with out a hitch... so i ask WTF? poltergeist?

I am charging my cam now and putting it in the car so if it happens this time i get a funny vid from it.

Last edited:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while it was happening i was saying to myself "holy shit the guys are not going to believe this shit!".

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

maybe your subs are haunted

most logical of logics

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For some reason your Amp is backfeeding into the fuse block and fuckin shit up,run your remote wire to something else like the sunroof.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
its possible that the amp is backfeeding into the fuse block keeping it powered up after you turn it off until the capacitors run out of juice.My s-10 did that.just have to move your remote wire to something like the sunroof or something

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
its possible that the amp is backfeeding into the fuse block keeping it powered up after you turn it off until the capacitors run out of juice.My s-10 did that.just have to move your remote wire to something like the sunroof or something

Or you could run a diode to eliminate the backfeed all together and not have to find a new place to find power. Diodes only allow power to travel one way thereby eliminating the problem you're having. I did this to my 1st gen projectors so I had both sets of bulbs on with high, but only the lows for low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie