Deuce's 2.4 sleeper??

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deuce's 2.4 sleeper?? turbo build

the main purpose i bought this car was to boost. i wanted to sc previously but after seeing wut zzp did with this car it changed. end goal is to run high 11s with it on drag radials. and possibly have up to 500 whp.
Every yr in texas we have the texas bash. its a huge show with j-bodys, delta bodys and kappas. i took 3rd place mild in the deltas last yr so my goal is to get 1st as well as knocking out alotta cars on the track. im shooting for about 300-350whp on stock motor for the next bash (possibly already there :) )

i bought this turbo kit on a whim because i got swindled by jbp on their cams and lifters so i saved some money and got a refund and scooped up a gt30r turbo kit for 1350 shipped on css...steal of a freakin lifetime.

included was

gt3076 turbo
3" charge piping.
log style manifold
3" dp
tial 38 mm wastegate
oil lines and some fittings
intercooler
lsj 60# injectors

stuff i added to the kit:
type-s bov (temporary)-probably pretty loud
Glowshift boost and volt gauges (7 color)
Innovate db blue lc-1 wideband
3 pod a pillar
Trifecta tune
sold the lsj injectors and got 2.4 specific injectors

pics of the original stuff..

P1000305.jpg

P1000310.jpg

P1000311.jpg

P1000312.jpg

P1000313.jpg

P1000314.jpg

P1000315.jpg

Gauges

P1000333.jpg

P1000335.jpg

P1000336.jpg

20090811204657-1.jpg

due to install fail and BAD direction and help from friends. the gt30 was killed. long story short. do not use teflon tape ANYWHERE near the oil feed line. thinking about it pisses me off cuz the gt30 is a beautiful turbo and would've gotten me to my goal EASILY.

some install pics from the tear down and install day august 14th and 15th. 2 weeks after purchase of the kit.

P1000349.jpg

P1000356.jpg

shows u how my piping was routed..because of how big that crap is i had to lose my driver's side fog light..

i lurked the forums and got a new t3 t4 garrett 50 trim to replace it.. and at 7 psi with this turbo ive been able to kill

-2006 cobalt ss 2.4 auto supercharged w/ full bolt ons and stock pulley. full mounts
-2006 ion redline, 2.8 pulley, full bollt ons, dual pass and dual heat exhchangers, as well as full mounts
-2008 g8 gt, intake, and underdrive pulley

so im pretty happy with it.. here's wut it looks like

P1000380.jpg

sooo to sum this up..

I actually have more mods to install and theyre goin in on friday

-2.5" powdercoated black with beaded edge charge piping
-ci motorsports manual boost controller
-autolite iridium spark plugs
-vacuum block
-new fuel filter
-custom dump tube

on friday im getting my piping installed and welded so that i no longer need all of the couplers. and to clean up the bay a bunch and prevent poppage of the piping. the shop is also installing my boost controller, and making me a custom dump tube, as well as installing my new fuel filter (just hit 34k) if the vacuum block comes in on time ill have them put that in as well and ill do the spark plugs on my own later most likely.

dyno day is slated for next saturday. i was hoping for around 275 whp, but i was told i should be in the 300 range. if i am good, if i get 275 or so id be fine with that. technically 12psi with this turbo should get me 3xx so if i dont get it i may have a problem on my hands. vince from trifecta has helped me out alot with the tuning so im confident with his refining of my tune over the course of next week before the dyno day i should be able to hit 3xx. im still on my stock clutch but as some of u know i got a new set of wheels and as soon as i sell my current ones im buying my exedy stg2 clutch.

Last edited:

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wicked but to be completely honest do you expect 300 on stock clutch? im not saying you couldnt have that to the wheels but if you are slipping your clutch for your whole dyno that might be a little optomomistic... Anyways try and get a dyno vid im excited to see what you push with a 50 trim

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wicked but to be completely honest do you expect 300 on stock clutch? im not saying you couldnt have that to the wheels but if you are slipping your clutch for your whole dyno that might be a little optomomistic... Anyways try and get a dyno vid im excited to see what you push with a 50 trim

i do expect it, but like i said in the first post, im getting a new clutch as soon as i sell the wheels on my car. there's a couple 2.4s who were able to hold the power for awhile. At 7 psi ive had no slip and i could easily assume im close to 250whp with 7 with the way i pulled on the cars i raced.

most likely ill just put it to 12 on the dyno then back it down to 10 or 9 till i get the clutch.

plus im gonna have vince toss in NLS to my ecu so thatll help a bit as well.

elecblue's clutch held at 260whp iirc and he's got alot more miles on the car than i do

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has now stared slipping after 6months of making [email protected] rpm... So his should last for a while...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso