after with progress
DSC00974.jpg

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
arstar.jpg
TELL ME MORE NOW

QUOTE FROM YELLO EYE:
"2 to ensure that the stock shocks and springs are never taken outside of their mechanical limits."

"We all yelled at the kids with FE1 struts and shocks when they dropped on sportlines and didnt buy Koni shocks that they were gonna blow their shocks, why should this be any different?"

"Other problem this poses is I don't have the alternate transmission mounts or steering rack spacers, I know what happens when you ride low, I broke an outer CV riding on sportlines with the last car."

some of the most important shit about dropping a car i have ever read.
THANK YOU

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What moar do you want? lol

Oh and the mechanical limit part I didnt really explain, springs you never want to hit complete coil bind, its very not good. Shocks can wear extremely quickly or even explode if taken all the way to the bottom of their travel quickly and repeatedly.

If you take a spring into complete coil bind, think about what the spring wants to do. It wants to expand, it obviously cant expand vertically so theres only one direction for it to go....horizontal....which means you have a coil that gets "squished" out of its normal shape, how permanent this out of shape...shape...is depends on the metal the spring is made of and how long/how often the spring is forced to do this...so eventually you may have a permanently "wonky" spring or even worse the out of shape coil finds a new home on the opposite side of an adjacent coil...

This is all extremes mind you and will only happen with incorrectly designed springs or if you install the incorrect springs on a vehicle (ex: geo metro springs on a suburban)

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I tell people is something u have to adjust to when using b&g springs. I like my stance and my driving is more responsive with the low drop.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

don't laugh. Stock height

e47f5f1d.jpg

CA #1 springs

ac6df22c.jpg

B&G S2 springs

bcdb4f3f.jpg

these are pretty good comparison springs. The #1 springs aren't that bad looking either. But the b&g springs are the best IMO

man your car looks SOOO much better in the last pic.
that wing was ftl.

on a side note, i bought pedders springs from ottp on black friday.
supposed to be in the first week of feb.
when i get them and install them on tc i'll take pics and measurements.

Cobalt08ls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh i need to lower mine in the spring
but dont know if i need to upgrade everything at once
and im not sure between sportlines or ssc spirngs for my ls

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais