Front Speakers go in and out

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats cool but again if both speakers are going out at the same time whatever the problem is would have to be at a point where both could be effected. only one pair of wires is going into each door so unless you get really lucky or unlucky it wont be anything in the doors

XXBalt

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my 07 G5 and it was not the wiring in the doors. I was planning on removing the radio & dash but I ended up trading my car in first. LOL
I researched this tho and a lot of people with this problem have been told that their speakers were blown & when they replaced the speakers it did't fix the problem.....

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my 07 G5 and it was not the wiring in the doors. I was planning on removing the radio & dash but I ended up trading my car in first. LOL
I researched this tho and a lot of people with this problem have been told that their speakers were blown & when they replaced the speakers it did't fix the problem.....

and i would be one of those ppl lol

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this yestarday. I took everything apart, literally, everything. The problem is from the back of the headunit to the door. it's split into 2 parts. headunit to side of the car, side of the car to the door speaker, if you take the rubber gasket thing off the door by the hinges, theres an adapter. from that adapter to the headunit is the problem. I just re-wired it. the front passanger door speaker is dark green and light green. so I cut the greens behind the headunit and ran new speaker wire right beside the old wires and ziptied together. I didn't connect the wire to the adapter. I just ran it through the rubber gasket to the speaker it's self. so i pretty much ran it direct. It wasn't that bad of an install. heres a pic of everything tore apart lol

snc9k9.jpg

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow so it was the wiring. interesting to say the least... urs is the first that i know of... the speakers are stock?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie