Hi from victory_red_SS

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well first of all, any one driving my car will need to possess a NHRA Competition License and will then likely need to pay a considerable "privilege" fee to the cars main supporter, my Wife. :D

If both of those conditions are met then I am sure we can work things out. Now rides in the passenger seat can be done a lot cheaper. ;)

i promise...ll drive it slow :lol:

i might take you up on working out a ride though ;)

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously though .. you need to post up where you have your first runs.. i'll make my way up there with i'm sure a few other NY guys .. i'll pay for a passenger seat

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its gonna be at the 3rd annual western canada cobalt meet where his unveiling will be held.

check out here for details westerncobaltmeet.comoj.com the track and day hasn't been confirmed yet but will be in the next few weeks.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if paul and some og's make it up there i wouldn't mind making the drive myself just to see this car. i'd just hate to go short of some people to keep me entertained.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the more the merrier. like i said in the next few weeks the final dates and prices will be updated on the site, and yes prices as we will be holding it a race track again like last year.

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE March 2010

Okay here is a bit of an update.

After doing some research, I know now that the LQ4/LQ9 block are the same design. The only difference I have found between the tow is that the LQ9 block is a high nickel iron block which makes it a stronger block. Having learnt that I will be goinga head with the LSX block because we will be running at least 20lbs of boost with the F-1R Procharger. I prefer to over build simply in case I choose to increase the boost somewhere down the line. We should have the LSX block in the shop by the end of this month. :D

Next, the work has been done to the fender support structures. That work gives me much more clearance between the bottom of this support rail and the top of the tires. I am really pleased with Resnick's workmanship as these parts look and feel stock. 99% of anyone would not notice they have been altered, especially if they weren't comparing to another Cobalt side by side.

Now that this is done, work is now starting on the custom headers. I hope to have pictures of those monsters later next week.

Rod :D

driverside1.jpg

driverside2.jpg

driverside3.jpg

passengerside1.jpg

passengerside2.jpg

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Custom header anyone?

Well the real pain in the ass side of the headers is done. As you can see from the pictures, there is limited space due to where the streering column needs to be and because of that the cheaper method of using the LQ4 exhaust manifolds were not an option. All of the pipes are within 3/16ths of each other. This time next week the otherside should be done. :)

On another note, the LSX block is expected to be here late next week. :)

header1.jpg

header3.jpg

header2.jpg

header4.jpg

Also I have a couple of clips of my 1/4 mile runs at Frank Hawley's drag racing school. Sadly the quality really sucks. The good thing is that they are really short because the car was really fast. :smack :rolling:

The sound on the first one is good for most of the run. The sound on the second one sucks at first because of the wind.

1/4 mile run #3
1/4 mile run #2

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie