How to install Cams (2.2 but works for any)

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any suggestion on where to get head work done? i heard patriot performance sucks cause they did it in the beginning b4 anyone knew how to port it right. a1so want a v1ave train and cams price range is about 2500

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well lets see...cams i found on ebay for 415 shipped...and valves i got for 525...oversized +.5mm and the springs..i dont know....but i only payed 600 for the head fully built...the guy i got it from...was parting his car out...so i got lucky. i pulled out the stg 2 cams..cuz its not what i was looking for...im currently in the market to get some blower cams..as thats exactly what i want for the power i want to make. but yea that sounds about right...the guy i bought the head from put a lil over 3000 into his head...and let it go real cheap. i ended up bending the intake valves...and i changed those out. and went back to a stock cam for now until i can afford the blower cams.

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was stg 2....back in 08...but i sold the cams...and now im in the market to get some turbo or blower grind cams...most likely blower grind

and no im not on stock internals at all....fully built...ill be getting a new tune as soon as i get new cams and pushing for about 20-23psi

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is stg2 cam is ok for stock internal wihout pushing it at the limite

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

i was stg 2....back in 08...but i sold the cams...and now im in the market to get some turbo or blower grind cams...most likely blower grind

and no im not on stock internals at all....fully built...ill be getting a new tune as soon as i get new cams and pushing for about 20-23psi

are you looking for stg blower or just cam from a lsj is ok.

I got a pair here from a lsj

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's slightly confuddling but the last 2 paragraphs tell you exactly how to time it. Minus the chain tensioner.....

TOM!!! Fix it....:lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie