hucker saturn ion 2.2

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt upgraded spring valve.

if i do somethings it gonna be springs retainer and seat.
but let see how it will react at pont rouge next year
it seem that stockinternal accept it easy

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
im about to replace my valve springs...seems i might be getting a bit of coil bind :(

so i found that ZZP sells the 78lb springs for 189$ plus shipping and you can use stock seat and retainer (dont need new ones right now).
i bought the spring compressor tool so it can be done one the car without removal of the head and the cam gear holder so that i can keep the car in time.

should be done by next mo and then im going to replace some simple gaskets, fix the exhaust leak on header, and change out spark plugs and run it on the dyno again. hoping to SHOW 200 WHP

will keep you updated on if the noise we think is the springs goes away :)

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im about to replace my valve springs...seems i might be getting a bit of coil bind :(

so i found that ZZP sells the 78lb springs for 189$ plus shipping and you can use stock seat and retainer (dont need new ones right now).
i bought the spring compressor tool so it can be done one the car without removal of the head and the cam gear holder so that i can keep the car in time.

should be done by next mo and then im going to replace some simple gaskets, fix the exhaust leak on header, and change out spark plugs and run it on the dyno again. hoping to SHOW 200 WHP

will keep you updated on if the noise we think is the springs goes away :)

why dont put titanium right away?
any picture of this tool? how most it cost?
is retainer and seat can be change w/o removing the head?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
with this tool and 5$ fitting to keep air pressure in the cyl while working on it you can take apart your valve train (minus the valves) while the head is installed :D

its kent-moore tool # j-43649
this is the one i bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0500037776&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

!BdbcVOQBGk~$(KGrHqYH-D!Ergc2jfb4BK457w3Swg~~_35.JPG

and im not doing titanium right away cause i dont need them now and want to save the cash. and before i will need them i will end up ripping the motor apart, so why now :p

normally the tool is 300$ish new, you can find them on ebay for 30-60$
i bought mine for 24$ plus shipping ;)

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with this tool and 5$ fitting to keep air pressure in the cyl while working on it you can take apart your valve train (minus the valves) while the head is installed :D

its kent-moore tool # j-43649
this is the one i bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0500037776&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

!BdbcVOQBGk~$(KGrHqYH-D!Ergc2jfb4BK457w3Swg~~_35.JPG

and im not doing titanium right away cause i dont need them now and want to save the cash. and before i will need them i will end up ripping the motor apart, so why now :p

normally the tool is 300$ish new, you can find them on ebay for 30-60$
i bought mine for 24$ plus shipping ;)

why rip the head out twice ? do it right the first time..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts