just got a cobalt, aftermarket on budget? help please

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah man tint the windows....debadge it and tint the tail lights.....

this....cheapest, easiest, cleanest mods....then save your $$ and go from there....if youre looking for decently-priced appearance mods, then think about the following...

debadge/detrim
tint
tinted tails
lowering
hids or painted headlights
shorty antenna
painted interior trim
seat swaps (sometimes you can get lucky)
spoiler swap or wingless....

there might be a few things that im not thinking of....once you've done those, then the appearance mods start to get pricey, e.g.

body kit
rims
paint scheme

obviously there are others....just trying to point you in the right direction...

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's gonna cost you more than $400. I'd say get the tint and lower it. Lowering makes up 50% of the appearance.

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the drop on ksport springs.

4e3f361b.jpg

1c6650ab.jpg

3851c427.jpg

co/b/alt

Reaction score
thanks sooo much guys- it might be a while before i get anything done cause im so caught up in shcool, but i will deffanently post pics. i ahve a couple questions if soem1 could help me a little mroe
how much will tint actually cut down on visibility? my mom is pretty uncertain about it- or anything to say to her.
and will blacking out tail or head lights make the car more unsafe, or not really?
adn can i install lowering springs by myself?

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as tint meet your mom half way and get a light tint all around or just do a light tint in the rear and max for your state in the windows you can tint . in new hampshire i cant tint the windows on the front doors or windshield but i can tint the other windows . some states you can tint the taillights but you can do a real light tint and get away with it more . tinting tailights can be unsafe . it one of them tings you dont wanna go to dark or you will have a old lady park her town car in your trunk at night cause she didnt see you hit the brakes . they wont be as bright at night . blacking out you headlights makes it so not as much light comes out of them ... so you kill you light at night . but again you can do a light tint . ( cant tint headlights where i live ) but you can pull off the plastic shield pull out/tape off the reflectors and sand/paint the chrome part and paint it to give it a diffrent look . you just have to take your time to seal the headlight up after but it isnt that hard if you dont try to rush it and let it set . while you have it off you can also add led strips and hook them up to your parkinglights and it will give you them daytime running lights

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso