just got a cobalt, aftermarket on budget? help please

co/b/alt

Reaction score
cool, thanks alot! i think im gonna debadge mine, buy a spoiler, and drop it down- hope for projectors for christmas
ill keep you all posted iwht pictures, might be a little while tho

black-balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's all good man, it takes time, I've had mine about 2 years now, and there's still TONS more I want to do to it

co/b/alt

Reaction score
so today after i hit the gym, my friend and i tried to debadge it, nad after about 15 minutes with an ID card we were able to yank off teh chevy logo in the back, but all the adhesive stuff is still tehre. tips for getting it off? and a better way to get the cobalt letters off?
oh, and i think i might put hte bowtie and the cobalt ls on teh interior, above the glove box on that bar there, ill take a pic when i do it and u can tell me what you think

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so today after i hit the gym, my friend and i tried to debadge it, nad after about 15 minutes with an ID card we were able to yank off teh chevy logo in the back, but all the adhesive stuff is still tehre. tips for getting it off? and a better way to get the cobalt letters off?
oh, and i think i might put hte bowtie and the cobalt ls on teh interior, above the glove box on that bar there, ill take a pic when i do it and u can tell me what you think

use 10 lb fishing line . and work it . also if you heat it up with a blow dryer or do it in the sun on a warm day it comes off without useing the adhesive crap .... why would you take the bowtie off ???? paint the gold part ( just slip the fishingline between the chrome and gold parts ) . leave the bowtie take the cobalt crap off if you want

co/b/alt

Reaction score
i think it looks pretty cool without anything on teh back, i think u ahve the same paint color as me, 218? if so first one on teh forum ive found with teh same
also, what model is yours? mine doesnt have an option for fog lights :(

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it looks pretty cool without anything on teh back, i think u ahve the same paint color as me, 218? if so first one on teh forum ive found with teh same
also, what model is yours? mine doesnt have an option for fog lights :(

havent looked at my paint code yet . but im about to i have a few little spots i need to fix . mines a 05 lt . my wifes is a 06 ls and hers dont have fog lights . got mine at the dealer like that . i did my front and rear bowties black and left the chrome back and it looks good . it dont stick out but adds something . now i just have to paint my truck lock black thats been bugging me .

co/b/alt

Reaction score
i think im gonna paint my front bowtie chrome, and maybe its just teh ls that doesnt have teh fog lights.
i was looking at ur spoiler thread, r u gonna sell teh one u ahve now?

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i get the higher one i will . im still looking for one i like . the higher sedan one is growing on me . ill let you know if i end up selling it

co/b/alt

Reaction score
cool thanks, how much are the higher ones, ive only seen teh oem, which arent great, but are better than nothing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso