Low Profile Car Ramps

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
:rofl: because being slammed looks hawt. and makes my 16s look bigger lol

nice is it the tpi with the auto?

my bro has a 91 tpi with a t56 swap, heads. cam, mini ram, chrome 18in iroc rims with 11in rear rims. very pretty car.

Noiiiiiice! Yeah, it is the 25th Anniversary Heritage Edition with TPI. We deleted that and have converted to carbureted, installed 'vette double hump heads, Mallory 4309 fuel pressure regulator, new throttle cables, ram air induction delete, Hedman headers with custom straight pipe exhausts turning out before the rear wheels, stock Z28 rims (GORGEOUS with red accents), smog pump delete (durh), Ford 9" rear end, and little bits of other stuff, too. We need to get a Holley 650 CFM four barrel to replace the temp. that's on right now and then drop a K&N air filter and hopefully she'll be good to go here shortly ;)

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
save urself the money all u need is:

normal ramps
2 2x4's

line the 2x4's infront of tires, than line the ramp with the 2x4's, drive onto the wood, than continue forward to drive up on the ramps, and ur done, to get off, repeat the process, also works well for getting a standard jack under a low car

06_ion2

Banned
Reaction score
damn thats alot of work i still woulda kept the efi though and swaped in a 408. thats what hes doing currently and adding a D-1sc. hes afraid im going to beat him so he had to step it up :rofl:

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
damn thats alot of work i still woulda kept the efi though and swaped in a 408. thats what hes doing currently and adding a D-1sc. hes afraid im going to beat him so he had to step it up :rofl:

Well, I know a little bit about 3rd gens (simply because I work on mine and I have the Chilton book for 3rd gens ;)), but what is a D-1sc?

I've always been a fan of carb. cars simply because you're eliminating the "computer" all together with a little bit of work and time. The only thing that I'm even slightly concerned with is the elimination of ABS. We moved the Z28 yesterday and the brakes didn't sink to the floorboard; they moved maybe 3/4" downward. But... it was similar to a 50/60's style Chevy. I'm just so used to ABS, I guess.

06_ion2

Banned
Reaction score
a d-1sc is a procharger. lol carbs are always a bitch to get tuned rite though. thats my only problem and when the temp/humidity changes so does your tune. i just wouldint want to deal with that.

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
a d-1sc is a procharger. lol carbs are always a bitch to get tuned rite though. thats my only problem and when the temp/humidity changes so does your tune. i just wouldint want to deal with that.

I kinda assumed the "sc" was shorthand for supercharger but I didn't wanna look like an ass and be wrong, lol. We had a B&M 671 blower that we found on eBay for $300, but turned around and resold it on eBay for $600, lol. At the time, I didn't know the intakes couldn't be sold separately and didn't really wanna keep searching and waiting for one, ya know? But we'll end up putting a blower on it sometime in the future, just not anytime soon, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso