MRZ pulley***look here if you have

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recently i was asked if i ever had any issue with my crank pulley, iwas the first one to install it, based on what my exp, i didnt find anything out of the ordinary...but like i said i only had it on for a certain amount of time, which was up to the point where i installed my sc....

if you have one, could u please check the following:

-check for a oil leak
-focus on the are around the crank pulley
-check for puddling of oil on or around the cradle and oil pan

i have noticed i had some oil on the oil pan that i could never identify, i knew it was oil, but never found out were it was from, it was a small amount, enough to soak the oil pan as it dripped down, i have contacted other members that have one...so i will hear back from them

the long term effects of a mrz pulley are still unknown, please continue to install these at your own risk, im waiting for a response from another member that has one to see what he has to say, i know my oil thing didnt start to happend till i remove a gallery port, so it could be thats where the oil was coming from bc i didnt really put teflon back on it :p

Last edited:

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have looked at mine and will again as i tear into the engine soon and didnt see anythig from there. as for the gallery plug i found the same as you hahahaa

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well idk if its the pulley or the guy installed it wrong

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i hope he just installed it wrong, the lightweight alternator pulley weights so much less

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this uy did a crank pulley install

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i was gonna get one of those to

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

bTw you have a crank pulley how to over on fail.net wanna bring it over

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I installed one on tylers 2.2 and it leaked all 5 quarts out,pulled off the MRZ checked the seal.seal looks brand new,put the stocker back on and perfect.no leak.looked at the shaft on the mrz and theres a fucking groove right where the seal sits:(.ive heard they "updated" this problem but im still sketchy.I WILL NOT be putting any of there produckts on my car

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the MRZ set, not sure if I should get the UDP crank or not though. Opinions?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso