my own version of the skyline/vette tail lights..

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... being the 20 year old i am with the idc attitude lol.. i removed my reverse lights and replaced them with red bulbs, and hooked the power wire to my tail-light power ...

Note: i plan on buying 2 small lights to hide under wher ethe license plate is for my reverse lights... but for right now i'll go w/o ... neways

looky looky

DSCN1756.jpg

DSCN1757.jpg

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did the exact same xcept I added one 194 socket in each and wired it to running lights.So they are running/turn/stop lights :D

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats a 194 socket? is that the 3157 bulb socket? ... if so... thats awsome, got any pics of it??

jmarie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
omg i want the center lights... only if i was car techy smart..

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it isnt hard... i'll explain what i did on mine...

1) goto autozone, pop ur trunk, pull out one of ur reverse light bulbs... then go inside and goto the light bulbs, and find a yellow package with red bulbs in it that match the ones u have in ur hand... theyre like 3 bucks

DSCN1760.jpg

2) take them home, put them in where ur reverse bulbs are..

3) follow the black wire cover down towards ur driver side tail light, and pull the wires out of it , cut the tape wraped around them, grab the 2 green wires and connect them to a seperate wire of your choice...

DSCN1759.jpg

4) and then take that wire and connect it to the brown wire on ur driverside tail light... and then bodabing bodaboom your center lights light up ! ...

DSCN1763.jpg

5) then rock on :Rock on: :rockit:

jmarie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. he isnt a car person.. though he is good with other tech stuff

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good i have been debating doing this for a while, i have the skills and knowledge on how lol, just to damn lazy...plus id have to sand down the reverse lights, which arep itche black right now...hmm...would be pretty damn cool to have them both do it

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
194 sockets are the smaller bulbs like whats in the sidemarkers.I implanted those into the inner assemblys wired them to running so there the same brightness of the running lights,then the 921/912 bulbs were replaced with red ones(like you did) and those were cut and rewired to the turn/stop circuit to each side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso