N/A Build

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw I wanna do those mods, build my suspension, then SC to make the 250 horses.

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well first off that is stupid, why would you spend money on 2.2 intake pieces only to have to get rid of them when you put on a supercharger??

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
not really if you have to have an intake you can always sell it later, but i wouldnt go any further on engine mods other than header/DP/exhaust until SC goes on you can reuse the H/DP/CB but not the intake.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well first off that is stupid, why would you spend money on 2.2 intake pieces only to have to get rid of them when you put on a supercharger??

*cough*i bought mani and tb and i'm going sc'd*cough*

imo, it's just a way of getting more power now and that gives you time to learn about the car and how to do things in order to get more power, hence supercharge build.

on another note, from a dig and going forth, my fully bolted car held it's own against a gm 3800 on a 3.1" m90 on a grand prix earlier. provided neither of us could get any traction from a dig, but he was pretty impressed on the power i was making considering it's an N/A 2.2

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*cough*i bought mani and tb and i'm going sc'd*cough*

imo, it's just a way of getting more power now and that gives you time to learn about the car and how to do things in order to get more power, hence supercharge build.

on another note, from a dig and going forth, my fully bolted car held it's own against a gm 3800 on a 3.1" m90 on a grand prix earlier. provided neither of us could get any traction from a dig, but he was pretty impressed on the power i was making considering it's an N/A 2.2

I'm sure you did. And it's just a waste of money to buy 2.2 parts when you will just end up selling them.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was my buddy's car from work, 3.5" pulley w/o tune apparently he just told me.

i understand where you're coming from on "why would you buy this if you're going to buy this" ... but also i don't understand why you have to rip on people for getting a little more power just for the hell of it for a couple more bucks. i got the manifold/throttle body for 80 bucks shipped 6 months ago. and i still had my tune cable from trifecta, so i just borrowed it a couple more days and got a free retune from vince. i just started my SC build like a month ago. i'd say 5 hours of work for 5 months of extra fun is worth it. that's basically saying "why would you spend 80 dollars in gas to go on a short road trip with a friend when you're going there again in 6 months"... just sayin

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was my buddy's car from work, 3.5" pulley w/o tune apparently he just told me.

i understand where you're coming from on "why would you buy this if you're going to buy this" ... but also i don't understand why you have to rip on people for getting a little more power just for the hell of it for a couple more bucks. i got the manifold/throttle body for 80 bucks shipped 6 months ago. and i still had my tune cable from trifecta, so i just borrowed it a couple more days and got a free retune from vince. i just started my SC build like a month ago. i'd say 5 hours of work for 5 months of extra fun is worth it. that's basically saying "why would you spend 80 dollars in gas to go on a short road trip with a friend when you're going there again in 6 months"... just sayin

It's not basically saying that at all. Please don't put words in my mouth. And it's not a couple of bucks. It's a lot of money. The LSJ manifolds go for $200 or so while a retail for a 2.4 is about $100. He might be able to sell whatever aftermarket intake he gets for about the same price of a 2.0 intake. Luckily the LSJ throttle body is cheaper than 2.4 ones. Hopefully he doesn't upgrade the TB so then he won't need a retune at all. It just seems less practical to upgrade stuff now for just a short amount of time. I did this exact thing. I went from fully bolted at 170whp then sold all my 2.2/2.4 intake parts for LSJ stuff and lost out on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson