Need help installing a headunit in an 08 cobalt

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so how would i go about getting a cheaper harness and hooking it up? i know i need to hook up all the wires and run the power(red) cable to a fuse(wiper) to get constant power but is that all i would need?

P.S. i am installing my MTX Terminator subs too and i wouldnt have to mess with the sub wires on the new harness, correct?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
red is acc not constant. and if you have the pioneer system you need to hook up the remote turn on as well otherwise none of your speakers will work. and the harness needs to be blue. walmart doesnt sell the right harness for our cars

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well i have it all hooked up now with the red wire running to the wiper fuse for power and my head unit turns on and works but i get no sound out of the speakers? what is wrong?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets try this again... what color is the harness you bought and where did you get it from?

do you have the pioneer system or just the base?

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
basic model cobalt, no onstar or anything fancy. i got the $100 PAC harness to the factory side from a local audio shop, im pretty sure its gray but it fits the factory side. then i have my aftermarket HU wiring harness to hook up to that. i just need to figure out what is wrong between the two....I have the remote(blue/white) wires together, red hooked up together and spliced a longer red wire to a wiper fuse, i have the 2 yellow wires together and my grounds are hooked up then theres all the sub wires which i already know how to hook up. i just want to know why, after all that is hooked up, why there is no sound from my speakers?

P.S. sorry for the long reply i just would rather find out here than spend $50 and have some audio moron hook it up and get it wrong.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the model number of the pac harness? and if you have the 100 dollar module then you shouldnt need to run acc to the fuse box

do the pins on the plug that fits the factory side harness line up with wires or no?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
basic model cobalt, no onstar or anything fancy. i got the $100 PAC harness to the factory side from a local audio shop, im pretty sure its gray but it fits the factory side. then i have my aftermarket HU wiring harness to hook up to that. i just need to figure out what is wrong between the two....I have the remote(blue/white) wires together, red hooked up together and spliced a longer red wire to a wiper fuse, i have the 2 yellow wires together and my grounds are hooked up then theres all the sub wires which i already know how to hook up. i just want to know why, after all that is hooked up, why there is no sound from my speakers?

P.S. sorry for the long reply i just would rather find out here than spend $50 and have some audio moron hook it up and get it wrong.

makes all of our "audio morons" just so eager to help you out

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when I said audio moron I meant the guys at this particular shop. I prolly know more about this than they do., I didn't mean to offend you if I did..the model number for the PAC harness is C2R-GM11b. It has a blue plug that connects to the factory side, I said gray on accident.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm idk then thats the right one. try disconnecting the fusebox acc and see what happens. you may have to call pac tech support

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I have to do anything with the yellow constant power wire or just hook it up from the aftermarket harness to the factory harness?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie