OnStar VCIM 2009 Cobalt LT

Pmac1234

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me where the OnStar VCIM is located in a 2009 Cobalt LT. I have looked underneath the right passenger side kick panel, the rear seat, and underneath the rear package tray. I thought I found it underneath the rear package tray, but it doesn't look like the OnStar module, it looks like it has somthing to do with the XM. Thanks for the help.

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's behind the rear seats. Under the rear dash cover.
You have to pull the rear dash cover to see it.
It's with the XM unit.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's behind the rear seats. Under the rear dash cover.
You have to pull the rear dash cover to see it.
It's with the XM unit.

This. You have to take off the headrests and remove the rear deck cover, its one of the modules back there.

Pmac1234

Reaction score
Rear Package Tray

I have taken off the rear head rests. Held the rear package tray up, put a shop light in there, even took a couple really foggy pictures. (attached here) Even in my most soberest state :) I didn't see anything behind what I assumed to be the XM module. Is there really something behind the XM module? If so I guess the whole package tray needs to come up then. Really, I searched that area pretty good. I can't imagine anything behind the XM. Are all the 09 Cobalts the same regardless of model version? Thanks again for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_3302a.jpg
    IMG_3302a.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Pmac1234

Reaction score
Really, are you familiar with the CoStar unit to make the OnStar into a Bluetooth receiver? The plugs that the CoStar unit needs are not in this XM unit, from what I see this unit has just an 8 pin plug and what looks like an xm antenna, the Onstar VCIM should have two plugs and an additional for the high speed line. So far I have not got a definitive answer, so maybe this is a new onstar/xm that nobody has seen yet, but shouldn't it have an onstar antenna plug into it? All I see is what looks like an xm antenna

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That i don't know. I just know when i had the package shelf out when I did my speakers. I thought for sure the XM and onstart antena's were connected to it.

Pmac1234

Reaction score
And you just saw the one unit back there? I just got a schematic with one unit behind the next, but I never saw that, but still, I didn't pull the whole tray out. Maybe I will pull the tray out myself tomorrow. How did you get the tray up? I bent it up to get a peak after I removed the rear headrests, but I did't try to pry it up more after that in fear I would break something. Thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup