Problem need help ASAP!!!

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im lowering my car right now, the back springs went on no problem, but the front... i got the strut and springs off right now, and i got the spring compressed but when i turn the bolt thats on the top of the strut, the hole thing spins... how the hell does it come off?... the right up says nothing about having any issue with getting that bolt off and im trying to do it by myself based on the how-to ...

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get a towel or rag and get some Vice grips and clamp the shit out of the shaft with the rag around it so you dont scratch it.Thats what I did

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
air tools is the easiest way to do it...but if you dont have that...you can use an allen key to hold the shaft....

basically you get your socket place it on the nut...then insert allen key through center of socket, instead of using your ratchet wrench. now since your not using a ratchet wrench you will need a strap that will wrap around the socket...similar to what you use when you remove screw on oil filters....wrap the strap around the socket...preferably a rubber strap that will hold it tight....now holding the allen key so the shaft dont spin turn the socket and it should come loose...make sure the spring is compressed for this approach

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

allen key to hold the shaft from the top
place socket over nut...insert allen key through back of socket
no ratchet required
rubber strap...like the ones used to remove oil filters
wrap strap around socket...hold the allen key and turn
make sure spring is compressed for this approach

06_ion2

Banned
Reaction score
i didnt use a compressor. there isnt much force behind them. but then again i used a impact. lol yes i know you will say im a idiot but you dont need one.

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you Dont have air tools than mr silents way is the best. I myself have an electric impact wrench

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie