shot some pix

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by FASTL61, Jan 16, 2012.

1. FASTL61

FASTL61 Platinum Member

K sport springs that I had to cut the fronts since the rear sagged to a 3 inch drop so I kept cutting them until I got the stance I wanted.On 17x7 Konig Reasons painted metal grey metallic with Michelin 215/45/17 tires +40 offset with 6mm spacers front and 5mm spacers rear.

And thank you all for the compliments.

2. SynthAngel

SynthAngel Member

Nice. Wish there was a way without cutting the springs tho. Saw what that did to a buddy's cavi....

3. 06RallySS

06RallySS Junior Member

Yeah, not crazy about the spring cutting idea, but it damn sure worked for you, it looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your setup. I've got the Megan Racing springs, really surprised me for a cheaper spring. How does it ride? Just out of curiosity?

4. FASTL61

FASTL61 Platinum Member

I cut about 2.5 coils out,maybe 3,I have been riding on cut springs for 4 years now with no issues except blown shocks/Struts which had 100K miles on them.I put KYB's up front and FE5's in the rear and it rides nice and firm with no bounce and handles really nice.I wouldn't get rid of my springs for anything besides coilovers.I love em.Once I get my new tire setup,it's going to be tucking up front and even with the fender lip in the rear and the spacers will have everything nice and flush(no hellaflush,that's stupid).

5. 06RallySS

06RallySS Junior Member

Haha, I hear ya on the hellaflush. Not a huge fan either. I guess after the new wheels get here I'll be cutting springs myself. I HATE wheel gap and what I have now is driving me nuts. Just can't afford coilovers at the moment

6. FASTL61

FASTL61 Platinum Member

Yeah.Just make sure not to get them too hot otherwise the spring rate may change.I had a cold saw available.but if you use a cut off wheel,take breaks so they don't get too hot.

7. 06RallySS

06RallySS Junior Member

Yeah, figured id use an oversized set of bolt cutters. Lol

8. Jaws4God

Jaws4God Full Access Member

How do u like the megan springs? Did u swap shocks or keep stock? If stock. How is ride?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2