Should I buy this Cobalt

SonicStatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crank. Let the plugs spark and it will start to burn off. When its dry enough. Put the injectors in. Also pull the fuel pump fuse so it doesn't make a mess while Ur cranking it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

its running but doesn't sound right. and when I try to give it gas it dies

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

tried to give it gas again and it stalled and wont start again

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1st sensor is an intake manifold pressure sensor.

With the car on, does the gas pedal move the throttle plate? Is the throttle body plugged in?

SonicStatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st sensor is an intake manifold pressure sensor.

With the car on, does the gas pedal move the throttle plate? Is the throttle body plugged in?

I can hear it open and close with the key on

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I think the sensors I took pictures of are the original sensors and the car has junkyard sensors in it that the guy I bought the car from put in while trying to figure out the engine power reduced

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can hear it open and close with the key on

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I think the sensors I took pictures of are the original sensors and the car has junkyard sensors in it that the guy I bought the car from put in while trying to figure out the engine power reduced
Should work fine then. Pull the intake off the TB and try to start it. You don't have any tapping noises do you?

SonicStatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decide to pull the valve cover and there is a lot of slop in the chain and I cannot get any of the colored links to line up with the exhaust or intake marks

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

BW1FcM7CEAEtT9f.jpg:large

Could all this slop and the fact the the timing marks wont line up on the cams when i crank the car by hand be why it wont start?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your timing chain tensioner is toast. You have to pull it, the crank pully, and the motor side cover, then you have to line up all the colored links on the cams and crank, then pop the tensioner back in. Really hope you don't have a full set of bent valves.

20100709_1.jpg

20100709_3.jpg

20100709_2.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup