special tools

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
panel pullers, 32mm socket for oil filter housing, magnetic oil drain plug socket set, mcpherson strut spring compressors, torque wrench, pry bars, fuel line disconnect tool, hex sockets, torx sockets, 10, 15, 18 and 13mm sockets. all i can think of for now.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, so discovered a new fav this weekend :D the kent moore ecotec bolt on overhead valve spring compressor tool :D

let me change out valve springs and seals without pulling the head :D

although the kent moore timing tool was a bit of a let down...it let something move and now the timing is about 1 link out and is not right...so now i have to retime the WHOLE thing

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, so discovered a new fav this weekend :D the kent moore ecotec bolt on overhead valve spring compressor tool :D

let me change out valve springs and seals without pulling the head :D

although the kent moore timing tool was a bit of a let down...it let something move and now the timing is about 1 link out and is not right...so now i have to retime the WHOLE thing

Bah like that takes time or anything lol

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wait....you spun the motor without knowing if it was timed?!?
i used the timing tool which is SUPPOSED to keep the timing (the GM one, not zip ties :lol:) and aparently it didnt :(
it ran, just idled wierd and wasnt happy about it...i could tell right off it was the timing

mkulrey13

Reaction score
The greatest tool ive ever used and it cost under 20$

....12v Impact wrench! yea plugs into cigar lighter and takes lugs off without problem, Also used it to swap out my suspension.

1833946208_8244cb8da6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson