Sway bar Questions..

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually a swaybar will help regardless of what springs you have, it serves a different purpose than lowering springs. A swaybars main use is to combat body roll. Where as springs are to change ride height and/or ride stiffness.

Most people start with springs however since changing ride stiffness inherently combats some body roll.

So evaluate your goals and take it from there, if you are planning on buying springs anyways get those first.
right, i was just saying that you will have so much body role that although you will get help from sway bars, you may not be able to use it much withoutht he springs cause your car would be in danger of rolling or sometihng... (or at least seaming like it so you let off)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Think of it this way, the bars allow your cars suspension to travel up and down freely (as long as both wheels move at the same time in the same direction) they just restrict your cars tendency to lean.

So if your right tire hits a bump, the opposing tire on the same axle will likely move a small amount in the same direction (up in the event of a bump, down for a dip)

I see your point though, however we're just talking about putting an SS/SC swaybar on, they have that bar and are only an inch or so lower. So I doubt that it will affect a drivers habits for the worse.

AAS G5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SS/sc and the SS/tc are very close as far as roll control just a different shape so the SC/sc will fit without buying extra stuff like links.
Any extra or different bar (for the most part larger diameter) will help handling even on a stock suspension setup. Lowering gives you higher spring rates and a lower center of gravity. So as a whole it provides better handling then just a swaybar will.

Ottp hardcore or they're regular bar is one of thee best bars out there not only for swaycontrol but weight reductions since they weigh less than other bars too.
I currently have a G5 with SS/sc front swaybar, Ottp hardcore rear and Progress spings and Koni shocks and it is as stated above like driving a go-cart nice and level all the time but still isnt a harsh ride.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info AAS G5. Looks like I know which rear bar I'm getting now.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ill have to get pics of mine installed aaron :) I have a red TTR one and it works GREAT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson