sway bars

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha, 3mm is a huge difference to the front swaybar. On a solid bar, most of the torsional resistance occurs in the outer portions of the bar. The material in the center of the bar does less and less the closer to center it is.

It's easy to understand, like torque. More leverage as you get further from the fulcrum or pivot point.
makes sense to me

annnnnd, because its on the outside, increasing 3mm there is alot more noticable then going say....5mm-8mm as your adding MORE meat for that 3mm

not sure if that made sense :p

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you're adding it where it counts, but i believe you're trying to say the increase in stiffness relative to the increase in diameter is directly related and exponential.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOOO no i did not mean there will be no difference, I just think replacing the rear is more then enough for a daily

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, most SS's are daily's as well. Adding a rear sway bar will do more to effect your DD than the front would.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, most SS's are daily's as well. Adding a rear sway bar will do more to effect your DD than the front would.

i know,but thats not my point lol....My point of the 2, i would just do the rear...why? easier install and its more noticeable then doing the front....

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are only an upgrade for the FE1 cars, for the FE3 and FE5, they're a downgrade. Not knocking your setup, just saying that for an FE5 car, there would be no reason to look there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup