the turtle turbo build lol

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched that vid and if u have ur maf sensor b4 ur bov then u will be running rich since the maf reads the air then the bov releases the air then goes into the car. So unmeasured air is going into the throttle body. To prevent this u need to recirculate the bov back into the intake pipe.

That is how the garret kit is set up.

I am currently converting my garret recirculating kit to atmospheric. So i need to relocate the maf sensor close to the throttle body and plug up the hole on the intake where the recirculating hose connected to.

Then a retune and good to go.

So then the air goes into the turbo....then released by the bov....then goes to the maf sensor where it reads the air....then into ur throttle body.

hope that helps anyone out

when you relocate you MAF, remember to have it at least 4 inches from a bend other wise turbulence will occur and you wont get the correct AFR readings

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

looks like i got someone to compete with. i plan on shooting for high 300s wit my build as well. gotta get cams and maybe some nitrous for my build.

your motor is lookin like its coming along very well tho. let me know how it does

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you relocate you MAF, remember to have it at least 4 inches from a bend other wise turbulence will occur and you wont get the correct AFR readings

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

looks like i got someone to compete with. i plan on shooting for high 300s wit my build as well. gotta get cams and maybe some nitrous for my build.

your motor is lookin like its coming along very well tho. let me know how it does

thats wats up man.. its always gud to see a fellow 2.2'er doing big thing lol... how far along are you in your build ?

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my engine is built, i blew my T25 last saturday so i got my 2876r on order, should be here christmas eve and from there i will get that bolted on, exhaust done, meth routed, finish tuning and hopefully find a dyno. i gotta look into finding some 60s tho. i think my 42s will start gettin stupid in the high RPMs

im happy to see us under dogs comin up. it takes lots of time and money to build up a 2.2 but when you reach your power goals, theres nothin like the look on peoples faces when they hear a BOV and start lookin for a SS but is in shock when they realize its a econobox makin that noise lol

Last edited:

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my engine is built, i blew my T25 last saturday so i got my 2876r on order, should be here christmas eve and from there i will get that bolted on, exhaust done, meth routed, finish tuning and hopefully find a dyno. i gotta look into finding some 60s tho. i think my 42s will start gettin stupid in the high RPMs

im happy to see us under dogs comin up. it takes lots of time and money to build up a 2.2 but when you reach your power goals, theres nothin like the look on peoples faces when they hear a BOV and start lookin for a SS but is in shock when they realize its a econobox makin that noise lol
lol yea i wish i kept my stock bumpers hahaha... how much money have u thrown in ur motor so far ? and did you drop compression?

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all in all im lookin around mid $5K. thats everything since ive bought the car. my compressioin is still 10:1. reason being is that when i got the pistons i got them as a deal when i bought a engine that was in pieces.

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all in all im lookin around mid $5K. thats everything since ive bought the car. my compressioin is still 10:1. reason being is that when i got the pistons i got them as a deal when i bought a engine that was in pieces.

have u had any problems with detonation ?

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh cant wait till i have the monies to build my 2.2 o well spray and full bolt ons for now :devil:

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a T25, just needs to be rebuilt lol. i got a intercooler for sale as well... and i got some SS/SC rods

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

no, havent had any detonation issues

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh cant wait till i have the monies to build my 2.2 o well spray and full bolt ons for now :devil:

still getting my nitrous right ;)

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

i got a T25, just needs to be rebuilt lol. i got a intercooler for sale as well... and i got some SS/SC rods

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

no, havent had any detonation issues

yea cuz ewveryone keeps telling me to be careful with detonation lol... but i like 10:1 compression... quick ass spool ftw !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plea

Latest posts