Water leak on the passenger side.

duke8804

Reaction score
I honestly do not know where to start i was thinking of checking the fuses but not sure that will do much for me. I am at 39000 so i am out of the bumper to bumper warranty. I have Easy Care going to see if they cover it. If they do not does anyone know where i shut start? I am thinking that all the water that was coming from the condensation build up affected something electrical, but i would assume it would have affected that before i fixed the clog when all the water was in there not when i get all the water out. Oh and the AC makes no noise anymore when i turn the fan switch up. Neither the heater nor A/C works.

I wish i didnt need it either but when it is 104 degrees and 80% humidity outside everyday it becomes a bit much.

iacobalt

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken that round thing under your dash would be the blower motor/ fan for HVAC system. Pull it out, test the wires to see if they have juice going through them. I would think thats your best starting point for the no air coming out issue, either that or it has a bunch of junk sitting inside of it to, and needs cleaned. Hopefully you wont have my problem I had a few years ago with my Dodge Avenger, and yes the problem about to be mentioned, restricted my air flow very much---a dead mouse in my blower fan. Dont know how it got there...but he lost the race with the wheel! lol

CJ n Shagy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you look under the wiper cowl on the outside on the passenger side there is a rubber cover over a hole and it tends to come loose and dry up and leak
happens on HHRs as well

duke8804

Reaction score
So if anyone is still wondering. I finally took the car to the dealer ship to have them look at it and they found that the blower had gone bad.

themeanmarine83

Reaction score
i had the same problem with my cobalt. the drain for the A/C is on the firewall in the engine bay(passenger side) it is hard to miss. i took an air hose to it and blew it out as good as possible. i also put some caulk on the seams of the A/C unit visible inside. not a problem since

kartbahn

Reaction score
Water leakage on co-pilot floor

I have an '08 LS and get soaked on the co-pilot side as well. Mine however, appears to be coming from the bottom of the door because you can see a small narrow water mark on the plastic part where it meets the carpet

wonder

Reaction score
i had the same problem with my cobalt. the drain for the A/C is on the firewall in the engine bay(passenger side) it is hard to miss. i took an air hose to it and blew it out as good as possible. i also put some caulk on the seams of the A/C unit visible inside. not a problem since

Hi, what is a firewall? Because I have a 2007 cobalt and I started noticing the carpet on passenger side being drenched about a month ago. Also, it had no smell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie