What's the difference between a lt and rs suspension?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The rack spacers can cause the pull. A quick alignment will fix that.

Clunking can be the top nut on the struts or any of the bolts being slightly loose. Double check all of them and be careful with the top 3 nuts, they're low torque.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd double check it all. A quick alignment will fix the pull. But def go over the install especially the front.

What size tires are you using?
Check the inner fender well cover. You may be touching it (nothing new)

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yellow.. I'll go check the 3 top bolts. I may have over tightened them.. I didn't touch the top strut bolt since it was already assembled when they arrived.

Bass. Thanks ill also check all of the other bolts.. I'm still using my stock tires for now.. they still had good tires on them before I put on some 17s I have.
I'll try to check fenders

Thank you guys.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I loosened the top 3 bolts some.. but still feel a grinding when I make right turns with some acceleration.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. I'm stressing because I'm hoping I didn't damage something or do something wrong.. praying it's an easy fix..

Thanks guys

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you installed them. Did you support the knuckle ? Can be axle fell out. I doubt it. I think it may be tires rubbing in the fenders.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you installed them. Did you support the knuckle ? Can be axle fell out. I doubt it. I think it may be tires rubbing in the fenders.

I did not support the knuckle..:-/ how would i check if it did fall out? If It did.. how do i put it back in?

I hope it's just the fender.. Is there something to do to help if it is fender?

Thank you guys.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its fender. embrace it cuz its going bye bye. Not bad honestly . 90% of lowered ppl eliminate them. Including myself.

I wonder. Go in and check them. Just pull on em. If they come out then they lose.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can accelerate, your axle is still in the transmission.

I never had any rubbing issues with my Sportline springs but you can check if it's the fender by ensuring the tire shoulder and fender lip are clean and dry. Apply a small glop 1/8" high of petroleum jelly or similar substance to the inside of the fender where it might possibly rub, take it for a short drive and get it to make that noise. Check the tire for petroleum jelly smudges and then check how much is gone. Could probably do that with masking tape as well by affixing it to the tire.

Post some pictures too.

Last edited:

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its fender. embrace it cuz its going bye bye. Not bad honestly . 90% of lowered ppl eliminate them. Including myself.

I wonder. Go in and check them. Just pull on em. If they come out then they lose.

So you pull out the inner plastic fender? How hard are they to remove?

I can try to pull on them and see if they are loose.

I hope you all know how thankful I am for your help. It means a lot.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

If you can accelerate, your axle is still in the transmission.

I never had any rubbing issues with my Sportline springs but you can check if it's the fender by ensuring the tire shoulder and fender lip are clean and dry. Apply a small glop 1/8" high of petroleum jelly or similar substance to the inside of the fender where it might possibly rub, take it for a short drive and get it to make that noise. Check the tire for petroleum jelly smudges and then check how much is gone. Could probably do that with masking tape as well by affixing it to the tire.

Post some pictures too.

Yes. It seems to accelerate fine. Only notice grinding when turning.
I see what you are saying about the jelly.. to make it visible where it may be rubbing.

I'm not sure what you mean about the tape.. that may be easier cuz I don't have any jelly..

What would be some good pictures to take that would help you all see what may be the issue?

I also want to thank you for taking this time to help me. It means a lot to me since I don't really have any car friends in this area that can help me.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked it periodically. I saw jt rubbing and left it alone. But double check for anything. Including rack

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Put some tape on the fender. Especially the inner side. If its ripped. Its rubs. Nothing to worry about honestly. We get snow here and some of my cars had no fender liners lol

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Get a video of the noise while turning. Could be a toasted CV joint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts