What's the difference between a lt and rs suspension?

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh. Those are the things that were a PAIN to get off.. The nut would just rotate.. had to use vice grips to hold it. Any tips?

there is an allen whole in the threads. put a closed end wrench on the nut then put the allen in. hold the allen, or turn the nut until the allen hit something solid and wont turn. then tighten or loosen the nut. they are a pain in the ass. loose end links give out a chatter over bumps that sounds like a blown strut. the ss ones should def help the problem.

i got mine at autozone for like $40 a piece just because i was in a rush to get them. if you are ordering them, i would just put some poly sway bar bushings in your cart too. they are pretty cheap, and will take another part out of the equation. not to mention give you a little better performance. not that you'll notice it, but it sounds cool to say you have them. :Big Laugh:

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the end links first. If that does it then ur good to go. If not. Then seel out a sway bar. They ain't expensive.

Well I got the shorter moog links installed.. it was a pain to get the stock ones off.. I tried using the wrench to hold the back but that didn't work. I got them installed and went for a drive....

Still feel the rubbing on right turns. :-/ what would be the next idea?

Anyone with a lowered sedan run into this problem and have a solution?

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make suction cups lol.
man wtf is the problem with this. I would say put back stock suspension in the front but that's a lot of work without power tools. There is only so much that could of went wrong. That being running sway bar cuz of end links. But you got ss links. I doubt the tires are rubbing on the struts. Because of the offset on them.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it does sound like it eliminated the clunking sound when driving straight :) so now if I can just figure out what rubs on right turns I'll be good to go. Uggggh.

Thanks again for all the help and any other ideas.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rubbing sounds are tires, somewhere rubber is missing.

I'm hoping it's that easy.. just can't see where.. but honestly it feels more like metal grinding. . It's like a fast thump thump thump and it feels based on speed

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your tires. If its speed based. You may have gotten a bubble on 1 of them. Or a nail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie