What's the difference between a lt and rs suspension?

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your tires. If its speed based. You may have gotten a bubble on 1 of them. Or a nail

I'll check them.. but wouldn't I feel something in the tire at all times not just when I turn?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or a flat spot in the tire from locking then up. Might be a wheel bearing, what's your mileage?

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or a flat spot in the tire from locking then up. Might be a wheel bearing, what's your mileage?

My gut tells me it doesn't feel like it's the tire.. I have around 40k mileage on car total.. I think 5 or 6 K on tires

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... might be a bad CV joint, those are usually more of a clicking noise and are more noticeable when turning.

My wheel bearing started going around 80k, nothing noticeable in the 9k mi since except for the high pitched whine coming from it.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9k mi since except for the high pitched whine coming from it.

This def isn't high pitched.. feels more like gears grinding.. like a rumble.. like the axle is partially loose.. hard to explain..

I'm trying to think what else could have been effected after lowering it with the ss fe5 shocks and struts.. The eibach springs.. The steering rack lifters and now the fe5 short endlinks.. I'm hoping get its a simple thing I just can't notice it while car is parked and on jacks..

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont have a shimmy in the steering wheel, its prob not a tire. does it make that noise when going straight, or just turning? and is it really loud?

test.....go to a parking lot. turn the wheel to full lock and pull out fast. if its clicking there, then its the cv joint (axle).
from what you are saying i thing its prob a wheel bearing

lowering your car could put a bind on the cv joint, thats why it could start making noises after lowering.

Last edited:

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
test.....go to a parking lot. turn the wheel to full lock and pull out fast. if its clicking there, then its the cv joint (axle).

lowering your car could put a bind on the cv joint, thats why it could start making noises after lowering.

I havent tried that test.. but it sounds like what I'm experiencing. . So if this is the case.. what are my solutions to fix?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I havent tried that test.. but it sounds like what I'm experiencing. . So if this is the case.. what are my solutions to fix?

Replace the axle. You can repack the joint but only if it's not damaged too bad.

Also you don't have to drive fast to do the test, a slow roll will do the same thing.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the axle. You can repack the joint but only if it's not damaged too bad.

Also you don't have to drive fast to do the test, a slow roll will do the same thing.

If I replace it would it just happen again because it's lowered??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie