05Turbo2.2's 2005 Cobalt LS Turbocharged

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you shouldnt have any problems. elecoblue has 2.4 w/ a procharger on it running 7 psi and makes 6hp less then i do. take your boost to 15 and you should around 270+ depending on the CFM flow rate of your turbo. my cfms are 786. slightly higher then the stock ss/tc turbo

im only gonna have it around 12 psi when i dyno. ive been told i should see around 300 with that. i thought that was a bit high but after looking at other cars and similar compression ratios i think its feasible.

my turbo is kinda big so i should have a decent flow on it tho. but u got a nice build. very impressed

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im only gonna have it around 12 psi when i dyno. ive been told i should see around 300 with that. i thought that was a bit high but after looking at other cars and similar compression ratios i think its feasible.

my turbo is kinda big so i should have a decent flow on it tho. but u got a nice build. very impressed

considering what you are saying about the turbo you have, you might see 270-80 just on the 12 psi then.

i know a lot of people were telling me that i was going to be lucky to dyno 220whp, lol. i smashed that one to pieces. lol. so you never know.

anyway, i had to leave the car at the shop. they didnt finish w/ the manifold install so i left the car over night and they are supose to be finished with it tomorrow. guess i'll be riding my sport bike around for a few days.

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
considering what you are saying about the turbo you have, you might see 270-80 just on the 12 psi then.

i know a lot of people were telling me that i was going to be lucky to dyno 220whp, lol. i smashed that one to pieces. lol. so you never know.

anyway, i had to leave the car at the shop. they didnt finish w/ the manifold install so i left the car over night and they are supose to be finished with it tomorrow. guess i'll be riding my sport bike around for a few days.

ya i wouldnt be mad if i got 270 ish. i was hoping for 275 any more would be a plus. u got plans to rebuild anytime soon?

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i wouldnt be mad if i got 270 ish. i was hoping for 275 any more would be a plus. u got plans to rebuild anytime soon?

yeah. I already have forged internals, cometic head gasket, rod bearings, and arp head studs sitting in my apartment. i just need to find a doaner 2.2 motor

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah. I already have forged internals, cometic head gasket, rod bearings, and arp head studs sitting in my apartment. i just need to find a doaner 2.2 motor

very nice. im jealous. 2.2s do have the upper hand over 2.4s in aftermarket internals. im prolly doin the same as well as adding the full head build and meth for the higher hp areas.

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice. im jealous. 2.2s do have the upper hand over 2.4s in aftermarket internals. im prolly doin the same as well as adding the full head build and meth for the higher hp areas.

if i do the head it will be only for valve springs, seats, and retainers.

I already had a forged motor once before but the shop that built it didnt do something right on the number 4 cyl. I had a check engine light right off the bat for the knox sensor low freq. about 6 months later the number 4 cyl rod went through the front of the block and the mechanic that pulled the motor out said it apeard that there were no signs of rod bearing pieces in the oil pan and half of the rod end cap was seased up on the crank. I still have parts of the rod sitting in my apartment, lol. Kinda pisses me off, the head was fully built w/ ferrera valves and springs, cams, 5 angle vavle job, ported intake and exhaust, polished the exhaust side. Not going to build the head fully again this time.

this time some buddies and i are going to do the build on the motor.

Last edited:

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i do the head it will be only for valve springs, seats, and retainers.

I already had a forged motor once before but the shop that built it didnt do something right on the number 4 cyl. I had a check engine light right off the bat for the knox sensor low freq. about 6 months later the number 4 cyl rod went through the front of the block and the mechanic that pulled the motor out said it apeard that there were no signs of rod bearing pieces in the oil pan and half of the rod end cap was seased up on the crank. I still have parts of the rod sitting in my apartment, lol. Kinda pisses me off, the head was fully built w/ ferrera valves and springs, cams, 5 angle vavle job, ported intake and exhaust, polished the exhaust side. Not going to build the head fully again this time.

this time some buddies and i are going to do the build on the motor.

thats garbage ive seen a couple issues of built motors still messing up. im doing my best to make sure that i get a reliable place to do it. i want full backup on the work.

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the intake manifold is finished. I didnt have time to dyno it so they re-sched the dyno for saturday.

picture.php

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy crap that is probably one of the sickest cobalts i've seen yet, I love you you left the cobalt LS on the back too, just to tell people yeah built not bought kinda thing, damn just excellent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso