2010 cobalt LS cruise control

MrTech86

Reaction score
Cruise install question

New to this forum...sorry to butt in. I just went through this issue. I have a 2010 LS without cruise. I bought a steering wheel on ebay for a 2009 Saturn Aura that had the controls. I flipped the airbag out of the way, and swapped in the left and right controls along with their wiring harness. The radio controls worked immediately. The cruise control light came on but it did not function. I went to the dealer, and had them use their Tech-2 (with CANDI module) to update the BCM and turn cruise control on. They do it by choosing to "build vehicle" and just put a * next to cruise control. It has worked perfectly ever since.

PRC, I just bought a 2010 Cobalt LS, is there anything special to know taking out/moving the airbag when adding the controls or steering wheel? I kinda want to use the steering wheel i got because it is leather, but i will not mess with swapping it if there is a possibility of having the airbag explode.

Also, was it a hassle to have the dealer do that change for you to the BCM?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Coolbreeze100

Reaction score
If anyone can supply photos and directions as to how to remove the old controls on my '10 XFE steering wheel I would really appreciate it. I am going to get the controls and harness from a GM dealer and install myself. I am not afraid to dig in and have done other things like this in the past. There is always a trick to removing plastic parts and I dont see any fasteners on the back of the wheel Also, once I get into the SIR, I don't want to damage it

Thanks all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais