2010 cobalt LS cruise control

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

Hi bagpiper ,sorry for the delay was off the pc for a few days.The two dealers i talked to said they couldn't put a cruise and the GM rep said the same.I live in southern Ontario and you ??.The guy that put mine in said there was a few early 2010 that could put a cruise dealer programmed in.I'm sure he got mine from the cruise control store in USA 279.95$.The cruise for 2010 only been out for about a month and only for automatics,is yours auto or standard???You could put it in yourself i guess.Like i said i never seen a cruise so smooth.If you have any more question i will answer faster.Lukkys

bagpiper

Reaction score
I am from Manitoba,
Every dealership that I spoke to said that they can put a cruise control on a 2010 LS cobalt. But after reading everything on this site, I really wonder if they can do that. The date of manufacture is 04/2010, so mine is not an early 2010. My car is an automatic. I will check the website of where you bought your cruise control. I am still interested in the wireless cruise control to avoid drilling of holes in the steering column. Will keep you posted.

Cheers and thanks for the information.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

One more question about the cruise control, did the person who installed the unit drill a hole in the steering column.

The reason I ask is that I have read on the internet that cobalts have problems with the steering column that sometimes require replacement. I am wondering if drilling a hole in the steering column will void your warrenty on that one component?

lukkys

Reaction score
Cruise

Hi bagpiper,was gone for the weekend.The guy didn't drill in the steering column but in a plastic piece that he pulled off just under the signal stick,drilled a hole ,and install switch on the outside and then put it back in place.My car was built March 2010,hope this help.If you need more info just ask.

grizzly_man07

Reaction score
sorry to hijack, but i have a 2007 ls 5sp manual and i make a 5 hour trip often. i do not have cruise control and i would love to have it. is there any way i can do this??? any info would be greatly appreciated

lukkys

Reaction score
Cruise

I don't think you should have any problems with 07 only some 2010.Check Cruise Control Store they have one for 05 to 09 but don't say about standard tranny.$179.95 Part #250-1775 but need dealer programming.Call 1-800-343-1382 for info.

grizzly_man07

Reaction score
well got it installed and it works great. the only bad thing is the stealership charged me 85 fuckin bucks to program it. i think that is bullshit

srking89

Reaction score
I didn't exactly "buy" the cruise control. CC is really built into every Cobalt made. The only thing(s) missing are the controls on the wheel and the BCM being told that cruise control is turned on.

I just got a steering wheel that had the controls from ebay (mine was from a Saturn Aura, but HHR's, G5's, and some others work as well.), and swapped out my blank panels in the wheel for those, along with the small wiring harness that runs behind the airbag. This also has the benefit of giving you the factory radio controls.

I then went to the dealer and had them plug into the OBD-2 port under the dash and tell the BCM that cruise control was "on". 10 minutes later I had factory cruise control.

I think I have some pictures, I'll try to find them.

Hello i have an 09 LS and bought a different steering wheel off of ebay. Do you or anybody else know if i can just swap out the wheels like prc was saying he did?

726.0chevelle

Reaction score
you dont need the whole steering wheel just the switch panel and wiring harness that connects to it. I am trying to do the same to my 07 right now. I purchased the switch and wiring harness from a junk yard for 5 bucks i plugged it all in but it doesnt work so now im going to have to bring it to the dealership to get the bcm tuned and see if that does the trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson