Alberta Random Talk

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Hey good luck on getting that place mang. Me and my girlfriend will be moving into a mobile home on the 30th. Their purdy nice. I'd say go for one of them (but in a newer section of calgary) cause ours is 3 bedroom, 2 baths, and it would have came with a garage but we couldn't afford it with the garage so we dropped it to get the home.

nah we want a modern new house or townhouse with double attached heated garage, lol the both of us are really picky.

jrmoto

Reaction score
Alberta is getting closer to adopting that law, we had 600 accidents in 1 fucking afternoon a few weeks ago, absolutely ridiculous!!!!!! BUY ICE RATED TIRES U FUCKING MORON CALGARIANS!!!! they won't listen tho:whymewhyme: when i can spin my ice rated tires in 5th gear at 70km/h i question how in the **** anyone gets around on 3 season FAIL tires.

so i am a fuckn moron eh! maybe some people should learn how to drive you think. lol i have rolled on all seasons for 15 yrs and yet to mess up a car during winter. so maybe if you can't drive in the first place why are you on the road specially during winter. winter tires are for bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol they will not save a car with a driver who know fuk all on how to drive.

Cruisn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive on all seasons.. I drive jsut fine on them. its called a brain and a good understanding of physics.. aka newtons laws. look it up.

jrmoto

Reaction score
lol no shit eh matt, lol i don't think i have ever drove on winter tires. lol hahahaha ya man i believe they give you a false sense of security. ie 4x4 syndrome. i can take off real quick but god help me if i have to stop lol too funny

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys callin me a bad driver....by the way i have winter tires. but i also drove on all seasons for a few years and the winter tires are better but you still have to use your head as just because you got winter tires doesn't mean you can stop on a dime all of a sudden. plus my summer tires are a summer rated tire and even at 5c in october in the mornings all they would do is spin.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I drive on all seasons.. I drive jsut fine on them. its called a brain and a good understanding of physics.. aka newtons laws. look it up.

u missed skating day in Calgary a few weeks ago, 600 accidents in 1 afternoon, that number would have been cut in half if the majority of ppl had ICE RATED winter tires. Notice I didn't say completely save all accidents, yes there are still STUPID drivers EVERYWHERE, but, in a panic stop, ice rated tires are WAY better than all season, I bet at least 400 of those accidents were panic stop accidents that ice rates tires could have prevented. Since then, till yesterday when it warmed up, it has been mostly a skating rink around Calgary, I could spin in 5th gear going 70km/h any road WITH my ice rated tires.......thus I conclude EVERYONE driving in Calgary winters needs ice rated tires.

jrmoto

Reaction score
ok first of all steve i am not saying if you have winter tires that you are bad driver. that is a bonus if people have winter tires. i will tell you thou i don't appreciate when some guy on here starts shooting off his mouth about this and that. then doesn't think about what he says and who it may apply to. ya nate that is you, i have done nothin but help you out and you wanna call me a moron. sure some accidents will be saved by winter tires. really thou how many you really think. 400 lol come on. most accidents are caused by speed and careless driving. including in winter. winter tires will not save any one of those accidents. yes they will save a slight bump from happening. but i will tell you that i sat in traffic just as much as you and every accident i seen on the side of the road was probally caused by speed and careless driving. so until drivers change thier driving habbits, don't talk to me how winter tires should be law. just so you know nate my tires are all seasons and i avoided 2 diff. accidents last week by defensive driving. oh ya the fronts are like a third worn and my backs are next to bald. all i have to say nate is how long have you really lived in this city, you of all people should know that calgarians have very bad driving habbits. not all of us but most.

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
winter tire FTW

can you guy can ride tire with stud in it in alberta or you using chain. we can but just between november and march. no chain is allow in qc

here some +- for stud tire
better traction and braking on snow and ice
less traction on dry pavement than a studless on emergency brake
cost more gas to run it
more expensive

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't think we're allowed to use chains here, studs are allowed i know that. personally never needed them. and mark i was just buggin you guys, remember i drove all season's for 3 years before i got the winters.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
ok first of all steve i am not saying if you have winter tires that you are bad driver. that is a bonus if people have winter tires. i will tell you thou i don't appreciate when some guy on here starts shooting off his mouth about this and that. then doesn't think about what he says and who it may apply to. ya nate that is you, i have done nothin but help you out and you wanna call me a moron. sure some accidents will be saved by winter tires. really thou how many you really think. 400 lol come on. most accidents are caused by speed and careless driving. including in winter. winter tires will not save any one of those accidents. yes they will save a slight bump from happening. but i will tell you that i sat in traffic just as much as you and every accident i seen on the side of the road was probally caused by speed and careless driving. so until drivers change thier driving habbits, don't talk to me how winter tires should be law. just so you know nate my tires are all seasons and i avoided 2 diff. accidents last week by defensive driving. oh ya the fronts are like a third worn and my backs are next to bald. all i have to say nate is how long have you really lived in this city, you of all people should know that calgarians have very bad driving habbits. not all of us but most.

..............I feel so bad :( I didn't mean for you to take it this way, what I am trying to say is which would be better, changing drivers or their tires and the vehicles they drive(ie safety features like ABS/TC/Stability control), the chances of drivers changing are zero, ppl will keep driving this way, so, u gotta go a different route to increase safety and that is winter tires, by no means did I mean to say u were a bad driver at all mark, my entirely family uses all season tires but I would feel much better if they had ice rated tires, same with u mark your a friend and I wouldn't want anything to happen to u, ice rated tires would save ppl from a lot of the fender benders they get themselves into by bad habit driving and maybe save us a few last second emergency manuvers. I strongly believe that ice rated tires would save lives and hundreds of body shop repairs.

Mark, I'm sorry u took it the way u did, I meant no personal offense to anyone esspecially a friend, I come across really rash most days but u know I don't mean it that way man, u know me better than that.

I drove on all season tires for at least 5 years and yes here in Calgary but I still think ice rated tires in winter is a better idea than all season tires. You are right, the serious accidents always involved speed and someone not thinkin straight, but for that 600 accidents in 1 afternoon, ice tires would have cut that number in half, majority of accidents were just fender benders, all it takes is a slight dip in the road to spin a car on ice with an inexperienced driver at the wheel. Let me ask u this, would u rather keep having to emergency manuver or would u rather save a few less scary moments and have smoother flowing traffic? We both have good points and bad points to this debate I guess.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts