Bad Experience with Trifecta...Serious Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2001CamaroSS

Reaction score
i've heard both sides of this story..i hope you have as well..

the owner your talking about..jesse..is a pompius prick and internet tough guy, he sucks the cock of a few and expects them to back him up when he backs himself into a cornor. He explicts his girlfriends (who i might add, in my own personal opinion..is not attractive what so ever) nude pictures to win COTM and then brags about it. Yes, ive talked to jesse and he knows how i feel..i dotn hate him i just am dissapointed the way he choice to do things. as far as him having it out with tom, if you seriously think your pal jesse had nothing to add to the fire in that situation then you are really drunk.

Im not drunk (don't even drink actually) I wasnt defending the argument there buddy, I was stating that he was talking crap to my friend and i didn't appreciate it whether he made those said actions or not... I also think Tommy Boy was out of line as well.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

what i was getting at is..you cant expect Vince to purchase you a new transmission...that would be like K&N replacing your engine because it broke after you put a intake on.

thats not what I was saying, I wanted my stock tune put back on before something major happened and I would have been broke trying to get a new transmission...and he had failed to do so, Like I said, thankfully my friend in Oregon had my stock tune and was able to return it to stock before catastrophic failure happened. My trans survived 3 brutal months of shifting... Where did I state that I told him to give me a new transmission???... I think that's a horrible analogy of a K&N air filter to engine damage, maybe a MAP sensor or MAF sensor malfunction from the oil of the filter, to people who put to much damn oil on them...lol

Last edited:

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not drunk (don't even drink actually) I wasnt defending the argument there buddy, I was stating that he was talking crap to my friend and i didn't appreciate it whether he made those said actions or not... I also think Tommy Boy was out of line as well.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

thats not what I was saying, I wanted my stock tune put back on before something major happened and I would have been broke trying to get a new transmission...and he had failed to do so, were did I state that I told him to give me a new transmission... I think that's a horrible analogy of a K&N air filter to engine damage, maybe a MAP sensor or MAF sensor malfunction from the oil of the filter, to who put to much damn oil on them...lol

i wasnt saying you were drunk..i was hoping you wernt.

as far as getting ahold of vince..when did you try? did you know he just returned from a vacation? i get ahold of him almost daily..no problems at all..have you tried calling? i hear that works now adays.

2001CamaroSS

Reaction score

as far as getting ahold of vince..when did you try? did you know he just returned from a vacation? i get ahold of him almost daily..no problems at all..have you tried calling? i hear that works now adays.

This was a while back when he was well in town, he only answered if it wasn't a recognized phone number...so I know he was ignoring phone calls, I proved it when i used a different phone to call him and he answered within the same time i called him from my Phone several times through out a 2 week period...trust me, I know he was playing the ignore game. That was the only way i could get a hold of him, if he was called from a different phone. Worked every time!

Seems he ignores people who have not had a satisfied result with him and I think that is quite a Dick move and that shows a lack of maturity to take my money and not able to undo a simple request, I will give it to him that he did try to take my trans back to stock, but it was so hard to even get him to have the time to do it. and he failed. I honestly don't think people should tune shit, if they can't undo the tune they created.

Last edited:

LS1PUNK

Banned
Reaction score

There has been quite a few people that tried to get ahold of him and he never responded, the only thing they didnt do to get ahold of him was tie a message to a pigeon.

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a while back when he was well in town, he only answered if it wasn't a recognized phone number...so I know he was ignoring phone calls, I proved it when i used a different phone to call him and he answered within the same time i called him from my Phone several times through out a 2 week period...trust me, I know he was playing the ignore game. That was the only way i could get a hold of him, if he was called from a different phone. Worked every time!

Seems he ignores people who have not had a satisfied result with him and I think that is quite a Dick move and that shows a lack of maturity to take my money and not able to undo a simple request, I will give it to him that he did try to take my trans back to stock, but it was so hard to even get him to have the time to do it. and he failed. I honestly don't think people should tune shit, if they can't undo the tune they created.

well im sorry for your guys mishaps. however im sure their are two sides to this story. i personally have never had a problem with vince..nor have any of my customers. and i've tuned A4 GM transmission with Vince before..newer ones..not a single problem..could be a worn out transmission..could be the tune..i dont know and nether do you.

Is their anything i can do to asist you guys? or did you just come here to bash trifecta.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
odd, i have talked to vince many times and just emailed back and forth yest

and there has been an ongoing thing with jessie...im not going to get into it though...he is banned and will stay that way, i have no respect for him and he knows nothing about these cars...

i understand that some people may have had problems...but ill just say that we have an auto cobalt that is tuned (diff then the one there the other night) and it has been tuned for approx 2 years and is running just fine
although he did give me the warning i have seen given a few times...which is DONT floor it and shift hard ALL THE TIME EVERYDAY cause what he does is take all or almost all tq management around the shift point...

im not judging what broke it, cause it will just turn into a pissing match..just saying that these trans can break...

2001CamaroSS

Reaction score
well im sorry for your guys mishaps. however im sure their are two sides to this story. i personally have never had a problem with vince..nor have any of my customers. and i've tuned A4 GM transmission with Vince before..newer ones..not a single problem..could be a worn out transmission..could be the tune..i dont know and nether do you.

Is their anything i can do to asist you guys? or did you just come here to bash trifecta.

No bashing here, just wanted to let you know my experience with this tuner. Like I said, he will never touch my car again. I know for fact it was the tune, because after I had it put back to stock by my friend from Oregon, it shifted so smooth and nice again, though it seemed that it would once in a while hit the limiter in first gear a couple of times before it shifted into second when i wanted to do a pull from a slow roll... other gears seemed fine still. So the converter could have been slipping after the nasty harshness my Camaro experienced. I had a 3000 stall for it, but sold it cause I now have a 6 speed SS.

It Vince reads this, I hope he takes this as constructive criticism as not to screw over customers. Its not Trifecta its self, its the tuner.

Well you could do me a favor and tell Vince, The F-Body guys here are saying that we are still pissed about Owens Camaro and the weak dyno tunes on Trevors Heads Cam Camaro on N20 and made him lose HP and several others that got tuned and didn't perform much better then the factory tune...Owens Camaro has been fucked since who knows how long...He is actually still waiting for it too kinda blow up so he can get a new one...it's quite ridiculous that he has to hope his Trans goes to drop a nice chunk of change to replace it. may need to have to buy a new PCM as well to get rid of that tune.

Last edited:

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
as long as we can keep this civilized like this,i dont have a problem with this...

if there is truly a problem with the tune i hope it gets fixed, my experiances were good...but ya

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No bashing here, just wanted to let you know my experience with this tuner. Like I said, he will never touch my car again. I know for fact it was the tune, because after I had it put back to stock by my friend from Oregon, it shifted so smooth and nice again, though it seemed that it would once in a while hit the limiter in first gear a couple of times before it shifted into second when i wanted to do a pull from a slow roll... other gears seemed fine still. So the converter could have been slipping after the nasty harshness my Camaro experienced. I had a 3000 stall for it, but sold it cause I know have a 6 speed SS.

It Vince reads this, I hope he takes this as constructive criticism as not to screw over customers. Its not Trifecta its self, its the tuner.

Ok, let me start over... It is very hard to get a hold of Vince, never answers When i called him and never returned my messages... He damaged my Transmission on my A4 Camaro Z28 at the time I had it, I had to go to Oregon to my good friend Big Jeremy, who thank GOD that had my stock tune on my Camaro and was able to return it to somewhat stock again. It never quite shifted the same after that.
For some reason, Vince couldn't bring my Trans back to stock and it shifted so harsh that it broke my trans mount and I could have had a major malfunction on my trans and various other drive line components. Well that Camaro is now totaled because of some old lady who cut in front of me.

So the same thing happened to Owens 98 Camaro Z28... He tried very hard to talk to Vince to try to get his trans fixed back to stock. (his trans shifts so harsh, I can't even describe it) I think he sand bagged Owen several times and never returned his calls or messages. I feel sorry for anyone who has faith in someone who I was very respectful the whole time through my rough situation with my Trans and couldn't respectfully comply with a simple request.

So much for a reliable tuner. I am very upset that he took $100 out of my Pocket to make my car perform worse...And not to include and very whipped out $125 Dyno tune that should have actually had some time taken on it to tune it, and do a 30 min change timing and advanced spark, fuel trim, etc. So I hope you take this seriously because I am...and to think that a certain someone thinks he is a Tuning GOD. Well I respectfully disagree and I would never let him touch another one of my cars again. Sorry things could have been better Vince. But the maturity of your actions need to be exposed. You hurt your business with the F-Body Community, i can guarantee that.

i would just like you to take a second and look at the bolded sections. i hope you see the discripinsy (SP) that i also see. the plot thickens perhaps? holes in your orgional story??

i just want to get this right..

vince tunes your PCM for your tranny..tranny then shifts hard..your buddy from oregon then flahses your stock tune..in your first post you said the tranny still ran like shit after that and it was vinces fault..then just now you say it ran smooth and fine after big jimmy came and reflashed it????

so what was it exactly..did it run like shit after big jimmy reflashed it to stock or did it run fine and smooth again after big jimmy reflashed it to stock???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais