Cobalt Suspsension

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenb213

Reaction score
koni yellows and kyb agx's are pretty much known as the best stand alone shock's you can buy. i've always considered Koni the Intel of the shock world, and KYB the AMD.

Koni makes a great product. end of story.

Your new god

Reaction score
haha that's an atypical response, I still stand with my previous question.:rofl:
Don't worry Tom I don't get my drawers in a knot over internet opinions too often.

how about this one kiddo.

IMG_8987full.jpg

IMG_8979full.jpg

IMG_9011full.jpg

next time you want to make assumptions behind a computer screen. be sure you know what your getting into.

Last edited:

Aikidoshadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about this one kiddo.

next time you want to make assumptions behind a computer screen. be sure you know what your getting into.

Thats a nice car man, the TVS setups are finally getting out there enough to get their just deserts.

Im not making any assumptions and you have yet to show any proof. Seriously you have now made 5 or 6 posts, trolling with nothing helpful in this section. Looks like you know what you are doing alright, too bad you haven't helped this thread out.

You have a balt that looks like Area47s from the shortbuss, you probably are him judging by your unhelpful responses in tech threads in most forums with the exception of the shortbuss, I have now come to expect it unfortunately. :sleepy10:
The SS/TC setup is very favored amongst ION and balt owners, I have heard plenty of good things about that setup with a preferred drop spring. The only problem for IONs is that we have to have the top strut mounts slightly modified to get them to fit as with any balt made strut application.

Now here are some pictures of my car or what Im pretending to be my car.
PictureorVideo001.jpg

PictureorVideo002.jpg

PictureorVideo003.jpg

Last edited:

Your new god

Reaction score
Thats a nice car man, the TVS setups are finally getting out there enough to get their just deserts.

Im not making any assumptions and you have yet to show any proof. Seriously you have now made 5 or 6 posts, trolling with nothing helpful in this section. Looks like you know what you are doing alright, too bad you haven't helped this thread out.

You have a balt that looks like Area47s from the shortbuss, you probably are him judging by your unhelpful responses in tech threads in most forums with the exception of the shortbuss, I have now come to expect it unfortunately. :sleepy10:
The SS/TC setup is very favored amongst ION and balt owners, I have heard plenty of good things about that setup with a preferred drop spring. The only problem for IONs is that we have to have the top strut mounts slightly modified to get them to fit as with any balt made strut application.

Now here are some pictures of my car or what Im pretending to be my car.

damn you're dense.

i leave you with a open invitation to come prove me wrong on a road course with koni's. yet, you think you're butt dyno is far more accurate? 90% of the coil overs on the market for the delta chassis are completely backwards in terms of being useful. the damper rates are based on oem production struts and shocks. the springs are over sprung for any street use. in the hands of amateurs, they lower them way to far which completely blows any sort of damper out of the window. then they try and make up for it by cranking what's left of the shaft travel to the moon to counteract a foolish mistake.

why is it people have this inert desire to drop a car to the ground and completely void any suspension travel what so ever and make the tires do all of the work?

Aikidoshadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn you're dense.

i leave you with a open invitation to come prove me wrong on a road course with koni's. yet, you think you're butt dyno is far more accurate? 90% of the coil overs on the market for the delta chassis are completely backwards in terms of being useful. the damper rates are based on oem production struts and shocks. the springs are over sprung for any street use. in the hands of amateurs, they lower them way to far which completely blows any sort of damper out of the window. then they try and make up for it by cranking what's left of the shaft travel to the moon to counteract a foolish mistake.

why is it people have this inert desire to drop a car to the ground and completely void any suspension travel what so ever and make the tires do all of the work?

Now I know its you. :lol: I'll take the pompous insult for the better of the board.
Thank you I have learned from previous experience that in order to get a real response with actual info, I have to get you riled up, near to the point of calling you out. :)

This is what I was asking for in the beginning. This is what you should have said in the beginning. Great answer and very well thought out and concise.

Now your reasons why one would chose to go with a lowering spring and SS/TC combo on your car are very sound. Seeing no need to adjust anything since you found that the set height and dampening from that setup will give you the optimal performance for a street/track combination. I agree on people getting coilovers and dumping them too low, really killing the purpose of having them. Thanks again.

Your new god

Reaction score
Now I know its you. :lol: I'll take the pompous insult for the better of the board.
Thank you I have learned from previous experience that in order to get a real response with actual info, I have to get you riled up, near to the point of calling you out. :)

This is what I was asking for in the beginning. This is what you should have said in the beginning. Great answer and very well thought out and concise.

Now your reasons why one would chose to go with a lowering spring and SS/TC combo on your car are very sound. Seeing no need to adjust anything since you found that the set height and dampening from that setup will give you the optimal performance for a street/track combination. I agree on people getting coilovers and dumping them too low, really killing the purpose of having them. Thanks again.

just because you do not have adjustment over the damper or ride height, does not mean you do not have control, or adjustment in other parts of the suspension.

as far as running coil overs on a street car, and why it's a bad idea. people being the way that they are, will not maintain any of them. they will not corner weight them and keep on top of basis suspension needs. K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid.

makes life much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson