failed inspection in dallas with tinted tails

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah hang on, i think a phone number as well, its been awhile since mine was inspected they maybe a state wide crack down. maybe call first before drving down, say that they did my black sedan with darker tails then yours

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

ill have to drive by there after work and get it then cuz im not seeing it on map quest

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i finally passed today. I left my reverse lights painted and told the guy thats how they came from factory when he asked me about them. He really looked at my rear blinker lights though and checked to make sure they all were working. I left my trunk break light the long one painted too. I will post a picture tonight of the look. Glad to see i passed finally.

chevycobaltmax

Reaction score
Im not suprised you had problems getting it inspected, you should have driven over to oak cliff or some place like that and I bet they would have passed ya easier.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20.27 Tail Lamp. Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, and any other vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles shall be equipped with at least two taillamps mounted on the rear which, when lighted, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of 1,000 feet to the rear, except that passenger cars and trucks manufactured or assembled prior to the model year 1960 shall have at least one tail lamp.

Inspect for and reject if:

a. Required lamp or lamps are not present.

b. Lamp is not securely mounted to vehicle.

c. Lamp does not completely emit a red light plainly visible 1,000 feet to the rear.

d. Lamp lens is painted, missing, discolored, or does not fit properly.

e. Wiring is shoddy or electrical connections are poor.

f. Lamp is not wired so as to be lighted when head lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted.

g. Lamp is obstructed by any part of the body.

h. Lamp does not emit a red color. (See note, pg. 4-26)

i. Lamps are not mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable.

j. Lamps are not mounted on rear of vehicle.

k. Lens is cracked or broken to the extent that a portion of the lens is missing and/or separated, permitting light from the bulb to emit through the crack or break.

NOTE: Lamp lenses cannot be repaired with repair tape or repair kit.

NOTE: Vehicles that are equipped from the manufacturer with approved lenses which are clear and lighted by L.E.D. lights will pass state inspection.

NOTE: Vehicles that are equipped with after market lenses which are clear and lighted by a red bulb will be rejected. (There are no red bulbs currently approved for use on vehicles.)

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/publ...l/chapter4.htm

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive down here and I can get you inspected as is. Maybe...

i need help now. anyone got some tailights i could borrow to get mine passed near tyler? im willing to drive to dallas or whre ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie