failed inspection in dallas with tinted tails

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so your car passed inspections with those tails painted. Once you fail an inspection though at a place, i didnt know you could somewhere else to try it again.Just too bad that i didn't know anyone that inspected and would pass me.

Yeah, I've got it inspected so far twice since I had my car. Once at the dealer and at Qwik Kar.

I've been pulled over 3 times since I tinted my tails, and still nothing.

We went to actually three places trying to find a place to pass my buddies car inspection, so yeah you can go to different places. :)

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got it inspected so far twice since I had my car. Once at the dealer and at Qwik Kar.

I've been pulled over 3 times since I tinted my tails, and still nothing.

We went to actually three places trying to find a place to pass my buddies car inspection, so yeah you can go to different places. :)

well im going to try a couple local places and see what happens and if i can get passed by this weekend, i guess im going to turn mine back to stock.

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i could just go rent a cobalt for a day and swap out the lights, go get my inspection and then swap back lights and turn back in the rental, lol.

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol all that hassle, buy an extra set for cheap

I havent found none for cheap yet, lol. For brand new off ebay they want $80 shipped which is expensive i think for jut an extra set. I am just going to turn back to stock and leave them that way for now.

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I do have an extra set my gf wanted the led ones in heres (you are a coupe right) if you want to pay shipping both ways you can do that or if you want to buy them name a price

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I do have an extra set my gf wanted the led ones in heres (you are a coupe right) if you want to pay shipping both ways you can do that or if you want to buy them name a price

Well my inspection expires at the end of this month so i doubt they would get here in time from canada but thanks for trying to help. To bad someone in dallas couldn't help me though.

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
san antonio ftw.. i drive up get a sticker and drive off. they dont even drive it or get in it or look at it. just peel and place new sticker. lol

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here the first light i got sanded down. It took me about 45 minutes. I only did the front of it and thinking of leaving the sides black. I used 800 grit, 2000 grit and plastic x to make it shiny again and get out all the marks after the 2000 grit. I am not going to clear it yet until i decide what to do after my inspection. Does anyone know if i can leave the reverse lights black or the side lights are do they all have to be red. Here are the pictures.

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso