LNF into a base model 2.2?

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
great idea!!^you just have to hope your rear hubs and brakes are still in good shape

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Thx guys for all the support and advice, it means more to me than u will ever know, esspecially under the circumstances surrounding this project. I have a feeling I will curse and swear a lot during the swap but I know it will be worth it in the end and I will be happy with the results.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great idea because this is exactly how gm would tell you to do it lol. we do motor swaps at the dealer for blown motors and such we just drop the whole cradle everything drops down even the axles/knuckles. you'd want your fe5 suspension in that thing since you need the lnf knuckles for the axles. by the looks of your car, your fuel pump should be in tact and everything up front is still good as new.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
great idea!!^you just have to hope your rear hubs and brakes are still in good shape

Right now I'm not sure about the rear brakes/suspension but if they are runined I can find replacements. The concern is all the wiring and the work itself but hopefully later this year I can smile and say "I did it"

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

great idea because this is exactly how gm would tell you to do it lol. we do motor swaps at the dealer for blown motors and such we just drop the whole cradle everything drops down even the axles/knuckles. you'd want your fe5 suspension in that thing since you need the lnf knuckles for the axles. by the looks of your car, your fuel pump should be in tact and everything up front is still good as new.

That is my hope right now

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm not sure about the rear brakes/suspension but if they are runined I can find replacements. The concern is all the wiring and the work itself but hopefully later this year I can smile and say "I did it"

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

That is my hope right now

5x110 hubs are direct bolt in. the rear is the same. brakes are not. i doubt your rear is usable. this whole thing is a very easy swap if you ask me. no fabrication, all bolt in and plug and play.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even the shifter linkage is usable, the mounting points are all there. you can use the whole shifter assembly and the panel from the console to make it look factory. you can literally start your engine just sitting on the cradle not in the car. it's such an easy swap i've even done it on a delta platform with an oem replacement engine. i really wanna see this done lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso