Low Profile Car Ramps

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh and I found a place for this thread :D

Damnit! I knew one of you would 1 up me!

ANYWAY, back to topic!
I went to Lowe's yesterday afternoon and picked up (1) 2x10 - 10' since one of my jobsites provided me with the rest of the necessary materials (except for Elmer's wood glue); YAY for the hook up!
So... total cost for me was <$6 :D
BTW, TOTALLY worth the time. I'm thinking about cutting/smoothing the edges of the wood to make the incline a little smoother to get up. Right now, I have 2 pieces of 6" #4 rebar in the ground to keep the ramps from moving (I have a gravel driveway/parking area). But I'm pretty sure if you have a solid/smooth surface area, they won't slide at all.

Good luck to those wanting to do this. I'm making a set for one of my friends who just inherited a '65 1/2 Mustang ;)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DIAF, k? LoL

Nah I'm good, planning on a hail of bullets somewhere in my late 30's lol.

But seriously, a RR tie would be perfect, just cut out the portion you need for the ramp and you have a good 6-8" ramp thats strong enough to hold up any vehicle you could drive up on it.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nah I'm good, planning on a hail of bullets somewhere in my late 30's lol.

But seriously, a RR tie would be perfect, just cut out the portion you need for the ramp and you have a good 6-8" ramp thats strong enough to hold up any vehicle you could drive up on it.
but also soaked in crap lol, would you want to be getting up close and personal on the ground with one?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie