po1071 too lean

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not always.Sometimes idle will kick up just a wee bit to where you wont notice.My buddys jeep did that.Then sprayed the intake manifold with carb cleaner and found out the intake manifold gasket was leaking

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ill prolly check all gaskets tomorrow and clean sensors as well as reset with batt

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

i hope it works i hate unnecessary lights and i hate the cel

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unplug ur battery for a good 15 seconds, will turn the CEL off...always worked for me in thepast i never did it for minutes :p run some seafoam thru it, see if it still does it

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its make a loud whistling today I almost garuntee one of the seals isn't seated r something

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ug so i didnt remove the manifold this morning just the tb and sensors, idk what to clean sensors with, resetting computer made the light go away but now its back :think:

so tomorrow i guess im gunna take off the whole thing and check every damn gasket idk ug

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok so tomorrow im gunna try cleaning the tb, the maf, the 02 sensors, anything else i should check? if that dont work im gunna take off whole manifold and replace gaskets, everything seems fine currently other than that code. :-/

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok so its actually po1071 too lean in bank 1.

only thing i havent done is replaced/cleaned the o2 sesnor

ive cleaned maf, unplugged battery, replaced gaskets, checked couplers, anything else i can do? i think i read check spark plugs somewhere. but not sure

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
never changed the fuel filter and idk when i last had a tune up to be honest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson