Powered By LE5's build thread

PoweredByLE5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard ttr's are weaker though all I know is I was told do not go with ttr go with ottp

Last edited:

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about weaker. OTTP's are better, but i was saying poly in general is fail.

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ottp's r the best ones. ttr stole the idea and use crappier bushings. do u have any problems with ur turbo 2.4? would u recommend me going SC or no?

turbo is different than sc. i dont have any "problems" per se. there's a few quirks that come with converting a na car to a boosted one, but for the most part everything is manageable. if i stay out of boost its pretty much like the car's not even boosted so its no biggie.

but turbo and sc are way different. guy in my club has a sc 2.4 and mine's turbo. we both experience different issues.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure you're going to to find some unpleasant surprises if you go throwing a blower on a motor with 10.5:1 compression with a box tune.

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure you're going to to find some unpleasant surprises if you go throwing a blower on a motor with 10.5:1 compression with a box tune.

myself and the sc guy are trifecta tuned.. im pushin 10 psi.. (should be in the 300s whp) and he's pushin 14 psi

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iknow.. im trifecta tuned.. and ive sold about 5 of them.. even to a v8 camaro. car halls balls. vince is very good at remote tuning. plus his car is an 08. thats his only option anyway

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remote tuning? dont they use hptuners...send you a pcm with a tune and you send yours back? theres no way to data log with that. a tech 2 or a high end scan tool would pull it off, but at that point its more worth it to buy hptuners and tune it yourself. what happens if the tune they send you is bad? you gotta mail it back?

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trifecta doesnt use hptuners

08 2.4s cant use hptuners

trifecta sends u theyre control box which is a pda with a datalink cable. u upload the basemap that vince has loaded on it..then u datalog and email it. he makes adjustments until everything is copacetic

i did the same till my afr was spot on and made sure there was no knock or anything.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie