Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Maven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, dont cut bumpstops.

Bumpstops serve two purposes. They are design to engage as an auxilliary spring when you get enough suspension travel, they are intended as an extra measure of protection to the dampers, they are there to keep you from smashing the struts/shocks over bumps. Doesnt matter what spring you have the shocks/struts still need th same amount of protection. Its cutting them off that leads to premature damper failure.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

EDIT: I NEVER cut bumpstops.

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, dont cut bumpstops.

Bumpstops serve two purposes. They are design to engage as an auxilliary spring when you get enough suspension travel, they are intended as an extra measure of protection to the dampers, they are there to keep you from smashing the struts/shocks over bumps. Doesnt matter what spring you have the shocks/struts still need th same amount of protection. Its cutting them off that leads to premature damper failure.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Thats what everyone else on the other forums are saying.

This is the only forum that everyone here is saying YES!

Fluffy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, dont cut bumpstops.

:emotions122: so then whats the point in buying a sportline kit that instructs you to do so?!? you might as well have purchased used ss springs its damn near the same height your at.

i agree they do serve a purpose, someone removed mine (previous owner) and the car was bottomed out and it kinked the rear brake hard lines off. never remove them fully.

do you really think that Eibach (a company with tons of r&d and many many years of racing and lowering experience would tell you to do something that would cause serious danger and/or permanent damage to a vehicle? :beatdeadhorse5:

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never cut the bumpstops on my first set of springs and the ride was a constant bang bang bang over every little bump. I tries adjusting to it and it was annoying to have to slow down everytime I came to one. So my second set I decided to cut them and the ride is much better. I mean the constant banging of the car can't be good either

07MetallicSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im on H&Rs one of the lowest springs available and i still have full bumpstops no problem. the only time you bottom out really neway is when you drive into a pot hole or unexpected bump. drive around them and you wont bottom out simple

Maven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:emotions122: so then whats the point in buying a sportline kit that instructs you to do so?!? you might as well have purchased used ss springs its damn near the same height your at.
Whats the point? Um Sporltines are a lot lower than used SS springs, pretty sure thats the point.

do you really think that Eibach (a company with tons of r&d and many many years of racing and lowering experience would tell you to do something that would cause serious danger and/or permanent damage to a vehicle? :beatdeadhorse5:
Yes, I know for a fact they do. Cutting your bumpstops is a bad idea. You will never find a post where I bash Eibach, they are a good company and make good products, I like their stuff, but that doesnt change the fact that when you reduce the size of the bumpstops you increase the chance youll be smashing into the internal stops on your struts and shocks, this is what kills most of them.

Caesar is correct that with them in youre more likelt to bottom out against the stock unmodified bumpstops, and thats the exact reason you dont cut them, because hitting the bumpstops regularly just enforces the fact that you know have enough compression travel to damage your dampers.

Cut, dont cut, it doesnt really matter to me, but if you talk to the guys who have loads of miles on their lowering springs youll find many of them didnt cut the stops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie