• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well isn't the constant banging to the car pose a problem if they're not cut. I mean it's only about an inch or so.

I guess it just has to do with feeling comfortable with the ride. I like a comfortable. And when the time comes to get new struts/shocks I'll buy some used fe3 with low milage. Won't be expensive if used. Plus you have fe1 struts/shox so youll deffinitely find some in the for sale section gcobalt.

Fluffy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the point? Um Sporltines are a lot lower than used SS springs, pretty sure thats the point.

Yes, I know for a fact they do. Cutting your bumpstops is a bad idea. You will never find a post where I bash Eibach, they are a good company and make good products, I like their stuff, but that doesnt change the fact that when you reduce the size of the bumpstops you increase the chance youll be smashing into the internal stops on your struts and shocks, this is what kills most of them.

Caesar is correct that with them in youre more likelt to bottom out against the stock unmodified bumpstops, and thats the exact reason you dont cut them, because hitting the bumpstops regularly just enforces the fact that you know have enough compression travel to damage your dampers.

Cut, dont cut, it doesnt really matter to me, but if you talk to the guys who have loads of miles on their lowering springs youll find many of them didnt cut the stops.

his car is high as hell for being a sportline drop, cause he is on the bumpstops. and that banging, that is you bottoming out :sorrysign: but stay the **** off stock shocks and struts. if you wanna sacrifice ride height and comfort and overall performance of your drop. dont cut, just send me your sportlines and i will give you a nice set of ss springs. since he is sitting at that height anyway

also you basically did bash their r&d department, saying that they did not research that fact. if they knew there was going to be damage to other parts they wouldn't tell you to cut, and wouldnt drop the car 2+ inches (remember ls is taller then ss plus taller bumpstops). iunno i'm done there no use arguing about a damn bumpstop. good luck with what you decide gcobalt

Last edited:

Maven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres is a pic of my LS on Pedders, Sportlines drop .3" lower than these do. Look how much room I have in between my bumpstops(uncut) the car is far from sitting on them. Bumpstops arent gonna keep a sportline car from goin as low as its supposed to.
utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDEtMjAwOTA3MjYtMTkxM.jpg

Also just as a side note....look at this spring, then look at a Sportline, youll see very easily why sportlines get bumpy.

AAS G5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres is a pic of my LS on Pedders, Sportlines drop .3" lower than these do. Look how much room I have in between my bumpstops(uncut) the car is far from sitting on them. Bumpstops arent gonna keep a sportline car from goin as low as its supposed to.
utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDEtMjAwOTA3MjYtMTkxM.jpg

Also just as a side note....look at this spring, then look at a Sportline, youll see very easily why sportlines get bumpy.

Yes because the they have a coil bunch that when the suspension is loaded all the coils in the bunch are compressed together so you really only have half the spring to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais